Anyone else anticipating some NWA goodness?

^ Thanks rk:thumbup:
Yep, I like all of those you mentioned. The White Creek seems about the size I'm looking for, but the TK, Muskrat, and Scout are real looking good to.

A TK scaled down to 3.75" blade with an OAL around 8 1/2" would be sweet.
From the pics I've seen it seems I just described a White Creek:p

If anyone has a pic of the White Creek with natural micarta scales I would love to see it.

Nick contacted me and said my modified Woodsman will be ready to ship by the end of the month. Boy am I excited. will be able to use it in the late bow season. I can not express what a pleasure it is to do business with Nick.He is a true class act.This will be my first NWA knife and I can't wait.

Mike

What were your mods Mike? Can't remember if I saw you mention it before. You must be stoked, being so close!

And Nick really is a true class act, it suits his fine blades. :thumbup:

I went with a tan burlap handle.8 inch cutting edge with more of a drop point.As I said to Nick I want my Zeb Macahan (how the west was won)do all bowie. I am very pumped. I sold off a lot of my production knives and have ordered or purchased 3 knives from the custom makers on this forum. Nick, Scott Gossman and Bryan Breeden. All of the makers here are great to deal with and besides the knives I have made some great friends with them.After the dealings with these 3 fine gentlemen I don't think I would ever buy a knife from someone not associated with this forum.

Mike

Nice, hope to see some pics when you get it! :thumbup: I've gone the same way as you, there are a lot of great makers here on BF. I have my eye on more stuff from Nick, a Ray Laconico, and a Fiddleback for now :).

Mike, I am glad you posted this. I would have just shipped it out tomorrow. Oh yeah, it is done, and ready to ship:D I gotta say, it is a very nice knife:thumbup: I'll set up my light tent and take a few pics right now.

Nick:)

Here it is Mike

IMG_2795.jpg

I hope you like it

Wow, don't know how I missed this...must have missed the subscription update window. GREAT KNIFE!!! I really like the looks of that one. Pasted a pic below from the current models thread of the original Woodsman. Looks like a great mod :thumbup:. That's a fancy sheath you got there too Mike.

PIMG0618.jpg

IMG_2795.jpg

How tall are both blades, Nick?

My wait is over:D:D

Got a slightly scaled down TK(8.75 OAL), and a Stinger.

Awesome knives!!!

Real busy this week, but I'll get a pic and post next week.

Looking forward to seeing them. Nick is working on a modified TK, his LEK model for me. Hopefully I'll have it in a couple weeks. The waiting is hard but kind of fun too, like knowing Christmas is coming :D

Looking forward to seeing them. Nick is working on a modified TK, his LEK model for me. Hopefully I'll have it in a couple weeks. The waiting is hard but kind of fun too, like knowing Christmas is coming :D

Also waiting on a modified LEK/TK model from Nick. :thumbup: It is out for delivery right now, but I am at work and it is going home. It IS a bit like Christmas! The day will probably go slow and traffic will be the worst on the way home tonight though. :thumbdn: I haven't seen a finished pic of it yet, so I am not even sure what it looks like. Can't wait!

Yes, oh yes I am......

Nick agreed to do a custom design for me and I'm really looking forward to seeing what he does. I've got a couple of Nick's knives, and I'm blown away by the quality.

Thanks Jack, I will be shipping it in the morning. I'll send you a PM with a tracking #.

Have a good one

So Rotte, how is that custom design working out for ya? C'mon now, don't hold out on us :D

Oh, sorry brother. Nick and I were talking about two different blades. I was referring to a small 3.5" A-2 drop point he's making me (soon now).

Nick was referring to this:

838804556_mxShZ-XL.jpg

It's an unnamed, one-off, he put up in the For Sale area. None of you basterds bought it, so I had too; but don't worry I've forgiven you all. :D

The good news is that it is another spectacularly well made knife: antique blued finish, laser sharp secondary edge on a full-flat grind, laminated micarta scales, and Nick's usual impeccable fit and finish. My only wish is that the handle were a bit fuller (I have big hands and like a big handle.). I'm not sure how I feel about the choil either. It's big enough to be functional for choking up on the blade, but I've cut myself twice when my fat finger caught that exposed heel of the edge. Overall it's a very comfortable knife in several different grips, but the chest lever grip isn't quite as easy between the choil and the integral guard. Of course the flip side of that is that one can really choke up on the edge and have tremendous control with the heel there. As with all knives, there are trade offs.

The bad news is that I haven't been out in the woods much and this baby has been consigned to light duty work around the kitchen and such. As a result I can't give a very informative review. I'll just say that it's an extremely well made knife, and Nick continues to blow me away with his stunning designs, work, and quality (Thanks Nick:thumbup:). I'd take this blade anywhere.

So, long answer to your question there, but I'm still looking forward to my NWA custom!

Ah! Yes, my mistake, I thought the "it" Nick referred to was your custom design. Well, I'm looking forward to the new one when you get it :thumbup:

:thumbup: for the mini-review on your recent score as well :) Nice looking patina on that one! Just from kitchen duty?

Back