Anyone else anticipating some NWA goodness?

Haha, Nick's blade always do seem to get that reaction :D Just the feel, and fit and finish, are truly amazing. :thumbup: Congrats Rotte!

Oh man! I knew I shouldn't have looked at this thread! :(

I love the looks of these blades.

Jordan

Whoa wicked looking , what drove you to this particular design may I ask....

Thanks for the compliments all. This one was somewhat inspired by several designs I've been looking at over the past couple of years. One of those being Tom Krein's design... the PSK. I have a PSK and now I have this fine piece f/ Nick as well.

Once I get some time I'll see what this one will do, however the combination of 5/32" D2, Very sharp Edge and clean grinds I have no doubt this one will make for a very handy design.

Blade length is 2-3/4" and handle of ~ 4-3/32". Initial impressions are the handle fits my hands like a glove. The 'wider' shape of the handle gives stability and I think this will do well for keeping the blade under control while use. I'll give more feedback after I've had time to use it, not just fondle it... :)

I asked Nick to put me on the list for a Stinger as soon as I saw my Sierra Scout. :D

I'm in line for a 4" Sierra Scout. My first NWA. Suppose to be finished around the first of December. Not sure about the steel. At first I thought A2 but Nick seems to like the differentially heat treated O1. Any thoughts anyone?

Toad -- I don't have much experience with A-2, but O-1 is great. Nick's blades are great. The Sierra pattern is great. You are going to have a great knife!

I'm in line for a 4" Sierra Scout. My first NWA. Suppose to be finished around the first of December. Not sure about the steel. At first I thought A2 but Nick seems to like the differentially heat treated O1. Any thoughts anyone?

O-1 is Great Steel....Nick brings 'em to a razors edge... and I use my Sierra Scout all the time..it to is from O1 stock

I like A2 (love my Bark River's), but I thought it prudent to start off with my first knife in the Nick's favorite/most used steel. It is probably the steel he is most comfortable working with, and therefore most likely to produce the best results. The differential heat treatment seemed advantageous for me as well in a knife that will take beatings. :thumbup: I'd say you will most likely get the better performing knife by going with what the maker likes. I'd go O1 now, and A2 on your next NWA :)

Nick just PM'd me to say some of his orders fell thru ( :grumpy: ) so I jump ahead ( :) ). I ordered the O1 with differential heat treat 'cus it must be good since that seems to be his favorite.

HornyToad,
I ordered my modified Woodsman around the same time you ordered your Siera Scout. Was suppose to be done around 1st week of Dec. Now Im real excited thinking I may have jumped ahead also. I hope this economy turns around for all of the small business owners!

Mike

Nick said it would take two weeks to make the knife so I should get it the last week of October.

What I ordered was a 4" scout. I kept telling Nick that the 4" scout on post 29 of his current models thread had a different shape than the 5" sierra scout since I thought it was a shortened version of the sierra scout. He said they were two different knives with similar names. :eek:

Anyway the wrong name but the right knife. Maybe a sierra scout next time.

Thanks guys. Without you I wouldn't be here:thumbup: I did have a number of cancelations. Which is the reason I don't take any $ up front. I like the fact that folks can change their mind if they need to. Life happens and toys must wait at times. I just hope, those who had to cancel, will recover, and be e-mailing me saying they want to reorder.

Nick:)

I've now got an order for a Stinger...now back to drooling over his others while trying to pick out a mid size.

Anyone have a suggestion on a 8" to 8 3/4" OAL, with a blade of 3.5" to 3.75"?

Congrats Ken! :thumbup:

I don't have anything by Nick in that range, but if I could right now, I personally would go for his Hunter/Skinner or see if he could make something along the lines of the TK model in that size. His Scout or Mini-scout might be around that size too... Good luck pickin! :)

Back