Anyone else anticipating some NWA goodness?

I think it's actually black micarta, at least that's what I ordered and it looks more black than green to me when I look at the actual knife. Like a matte black. However, in these pics, yeah, it does actually look like green canvas micarta. Hard for me to tell :eek: since I've never actually owned any GCM. I only own BCM by BRKT and RAT's linen micarta. You guys can tell better than me.

I honestly didn't really notice in my rapture. :eek:

Here is Nick's Olive Micarta and Black Micarta:

PIMG0008-2-1.jpg

sized-raptor.jpg

Couldn't find any green micarta.

It actually looks closer to TexasTony's handles, which are Olive Micarta right?

DSCF1002-4.jpg

Mine for ref:

IMG_4204.jpg

I guess the gray stump doesn't help much, haha.

Even if it isn't BCM, it does indeed look good and I might keep it as is. I'll wait to hear from Nick :thumbup: Man I feel like such a noob for not really noticing it :D

Last edited:
Maybe it's hard to tell from the pics. To me it looks sort of in between green and gray.

Yeah, my pic is probably washed out. I don't think it matters, I am digging that sort of weathered looking gray color :) I'm picturing it with a patina like the one on your knife, T :thumbup:

Handle color aside, man I couldn't stop fondling that thing last night! I can't wait to get out and try it. I spent some time going back and forth between my Bravo-1 and the Scout, trying to decide which handle felt better. The Scout straight-out wins in the forehand grip, the knife just locks in PERFECTLY. In a reverse grip or chest lever grip, the Bravo-1 is a little more comfortable due to the palm swell, but the Scout works wonderfully (actually surprised me) as well.

I guess I should save it for the initial impressions thread :D

Last edited:
All of mine are Green(minus my sons Natural micarta) , Nick calls it Olive Micarta yours is hard to tell with the Gray stump in the back drop... take a few pictures with the flash on & off see if Green or Black shows more,some black micarta has a gray look to it.... Did you get it made with O1 steel or opted for something else ? If O1 I would suggest doing my trick of blueing the area where your hand sits. Dang you oughta see my Sierra Scout she is showing love all over the blade... Looks awesome ! my 1st knife I reach for when headed out to play...

Yeah, definitely hard to tell with the gray stump :eek:. I'll take some with the flash later, great idea Tony. I think it is black, and I dig the grayed out look. Either way, it's awesome.

I got it in O1, never had that steel before and really wanted to try it out. I will have to PM you later on blueing the steel in the handle; I've never blued anything before.

Man I hope I get to get out for a little and play with it this weekend :D

I love the O1 steel but sweat and oil from hands can after awhile produce rust on O1 steel.. O1 is a great steel and I love it just needs alittle tlc . Blueing it is no biggy go to wal-mart or gun shop grab a blueing kit under $15 and one bottle is a cleaner,I used a cotton ball to clean area and second bottle is blueing , using cotton ball wipe it on let it dry and the more coats the tint gets darker... easy to do on a knife....

Russell, yours is indeed Black Canvas. I think it is the lighting you have there.

It sure does look good though:D

Nick:)

Whoops, just saw Nick confirmed above. :thumbup: Thanks again Nick!

I figured it had to be BCM because he had a whole bunch of olive canvas knives going out at the same time, and he emailed me to double check my color pref :thumbup:. My pic is just bad for coloring.

That's another thing, communicating with Nick is easy and efficient :thumbup: Easy to reach, receptive, and gets back to you quickly. He also clears up any confusion before moving ahead. Great guy to deal with!

Whoops, just saw Nick confirmed above. :thumbup: Thanks again Nick!

I figured it had to be BCM because he had a whole bunch of olive canvas knives going out at the same time, and he emailed me to double check my color pref :thumbup:. My pic is just bad for coloring.

That's another thing, communicating with Nick is easy and efficient :thumbup: Easy to reach, receptive, and gets back to you quickly. He also clears up any confusion before moving ahead. Great guy to deal with!

:thumbup: I agree :D

Didn't get to finish putting together an "initial impressions" review yet, have a few more things I'd like to do with the knife first, and my RC4 is off to Siguy for a convex job (want it available for comparison pics). Will get it up within the next week or two :thumbup:

The first Nick knife I got was a Scout.

NWA2.jpg

Then I got the Woodsman (picture is kind of dark, but both have the same Rosewood handle material)

IMG_1674.jpg

and now I'm on the list for a Muskrat (top in Nick's picture) also in Rosewood

DoubleDuce004.jpg

Awesome D :thumbup:.

I can't wait to get a TK model or Scout with a Palm swell next, but right after that, I'm really looking forward to picking up a Woodsman or Nick's interpretation of the Brute (Tony's request).

Love your Scout and Woodsman pair :thumbup:

Haven't had any time to get outside yet to do a little review of my own. Still studying for this exam; it's over July 17th. Hope to get out and give this blade lots of love after that's done with.

Got an email from Nick. My Muskrat is on the way.
Hopefully, the wait at Customs won't be too long, and I'll have the knife
in 8 - 10 days.
WooHoo!!!

Great blade Russell. I cant wait for my NWAs.... Something about Nicks blades really speaks to me....

awesome looking blade there Russell....:thumbup: i bet you're stoked... Nicks work is top notch... probably some of the best i have handled...:)

Back