Attachment issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the Photobucket disaster, I had over a thousand pictures hosted there when it was free. When the "disaster" struck, I remained calm and waited patiently. Before the "we're going to delete everything" deadline, I was presented with what I thought was a reasonable compromise. I've been paying $120 a year ($10 a month) for unlimited storage amd bandwidth. I lost not a single image.

I realize that added to a Platinum membership here, that comes to a whopping $15 per month, and I could eat another McDonald's meal a month with that money, but somehow I still haven't starved.
…..yep I have used photobucket for about 13yrs and still do. Had a modest paid membership and a shyte tonne of pics. Even if it crashes they should never be lost by anyone as you lol have a backup right.

maybe or maybe android. don't know but here ya go......
Screenshot-20240317-204631-Samsung-Internet.jpg

Screenshot-20240317-204643-Samsung-Internet.jpg
I'm assuming from the looks of things that you're using the "Default Grey 2.2" website style (you can change this at the bottom of the BF website), which tends to decrease the contrast in the elements you're meant to see... I've upped the contrast and cropped your screenshot to show you. But you should see things much better if you switch styles.

jbmonkey screenshot edited.jpgjbmonkey screenshot edited cropped.jpg

I'm assuming from the looks of things that you're using the "Default Grey 2.2" website style (you can change this at the bottom of the BF website), which tends to decrease the contrast in the elements you're meant to see... I've upped the contrast and cropped your screenshot to show you. But you should see things much better if you switch styles.

View attachment 2531515View attachment 2531516
other than different colors looks the same.

if I click on the three dots it brings up that bracket setup. if I click on the bracket, nothing happens. maybe I need to delete the app and re download the app? haven't tried that yet.......might try that to see if I can get to the posting options and controls on mobile.

other than different colors looks the same.

if I click on the three dots it brings up that bracket setup. if I click on the bracket, nothing happens. maybe I need to delete the app and re download the app? haven't tried that yet.......might try that to see if I can get to the posting options and controls on mobile.
Sorry, I think I misunderstood what your issue was. I'll see about doing a screen-recording of what works for me.

so i deleted the app,

and reinstalled it and now I can use the tools as I played with a few for this post. course my android updated this morning too, so maybe that helped, but said security patches in the android update so I doubt it.

so i deleted the app,

and reinstalled it and now I can use the tools as I played with a few for this post. course my android updated this morning too, so maybe that helped, but said security patches in the android update so I doubt it.
There's an app? I've always used an internet browser.

so i deleted the app,

Good to hear you got it working. I know that one of the buttons to insert an image only accepts the direct address of an image "https : //i.imgur.com/p8W5ftc.jpg", as opposed to the page the image is found on "https : //imgur.com/a/OMVFDiR".

Has this issue been resolved? If so what steps do I need to do to be able post pics?

I may (I did try to search this thread and in general) have missed this question being asked and answered, but why do I not find any media in my albums? I had roughly 20+MB (I resize images to be small disk-wise) that are simply "gone"? I get the quota not having been enforced but it seems that a better course of action would be enabling quotas and preventing further uploads until the customer chooses what to remove to make room? My "attachments" area shows only two, and they are probably the earliest I posted to the site. Seems very strange.

I may (I did try to search this thread and in general) have missed this question being asked and answered, but why do I not find any media in my albums? I had roughly 20+MB (I resize images to be small disk-wise) that are simply "gone"? I get the quota not having been enforced but it seems that a better course of action would be enabling quotas and preventing further uploads until the customer chooses what to remove to make room? My "attachments" area shows only two, and they are probably the earliest I posted to the site. Seems very strange.
Spark mentioned a couple weeks ago that he had accidentally deleted a bunch of stuff from the media galleries. My guess is yours was part of that.

I haven’t been deleting pictures, but I’ve made an effort to clean up my attachments. Mostly getting rid of duplicates and then editing the threads with link to the copy I kept. Trying to be responsible with my use of memory.

It’s tedious, but I only do it if I have time to kill.

I’ve eliminated over 20 pages.

The thing is, I’m still way over on my number of pictures, but getting close to my MB limit.

(I probably still need to upgrade to platinum)

Is it possible moving forward to just go by the MB limit?

Last edited:
I was hoping to delete and repost many after compressing them down in size.
And definitely be smarter about what I post going forward.

I posted many large MB sized pics that in hind site could have been easily made smaller.
And then there's dumb stuff that was a waste of space.

I'm just at the number limit but still over in MB and I cannot go any further as everything is in locked threads.
I've played around with 3rd party hosting, and I'm just not interested in the garbage that it subjects you to.

Folks say you can delete in threads that are locked, but that's only true if it's YOUR thread....
And then some say they will unlock them, but that remains to be done.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I am thinking about starting my own knife forum called www.Bladeforumsbutwithpics.com…….?
Blade Forums still has pictures, just hosted on 3rd party sites.
What you could do is invent "BladeForumsButWithUnlimitedPictureHosting.com".

Just be sure to get back here and let us know what your monthly bill is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back