Attachment issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must be a Florida internet thing. I have no trouble.
maybe or maybe android. don't know but here ya go......
Screenshot-20240317-204631-Samsung-Internet.jpg

Screenshot-20240317-204643-Samsung-Internet.jpg

Can we please get a workaround for deleting attachments in locked threads or threads where we have insufficient privileges to post?

The ones I would like to delete don't let me delete them...

View attachment 2530970

With the volume involved, no way we can ask or expect the mods to do this
What is the volume involved? How do you know the mods cannot temporarily handle this? Do you have a workaround to suggest?

Bob

Let’s think this through: if the mods offer to do this for one person then to be fair they should do it for every person who asks.

The potential number of people who want this done is in the thousands and the number of pics per person is not trivial as well.

Which of the unpaid mod staff are you volunteering to sit in front of their computer all day for a month at least handling all these requests?

What is the volume involved? How do you know the mods cannot temporarily handle this? Do you have a workaround to suggest?

Bob

There's no way that the mods are going to comb through all the closed threads and then cherry pick images to be removed...as the software does not, to my knowledge, provide a way for us to batch delete images. (I checked both yesterday and today.)

Now, if the software is modified somewhere down the line, perhaps it would be possible, but more likely something handled by Spark as the admin.

Perhaps you have data to share on something that has not happened.

Bob
The data has been there since the beginning.
~0.5 Terabytes of attachments in usage.
500,000 Megabytes.

Each paid membership except "Dealer" allows for 30 MB of storage, unless I'm mistaken.
Currently our media storage, in equivalent users, is ~16,500 paid users worth.

Start counting to 16,500 and let me know when you finish.

Add Mississippis to represent time spent navigating to each post and you haven’t scratched the surface of all the navigating the mods would have to do.

I though mods had mid-six figure salaries to go along with the prestige of the position……. Not sure where I heard that but maybe it is not correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back