Becker bug

Yeah, wasn't expecting to start reangling the limited one... Lots and lots of 1095 to remove in order to have an even remotly centered edge. It is clearly visible at the tip and i will try to take a pic. Superhard to get proper focus thru the cellphonecam though.
My BK-20 was like that, I still haven't gotten it to where I want it yet. My 29 was much better.

My BK-20 was like that, I still haven't gotten it to where I want it yet. My 29 was much better.

Yea FAL'ER my 29 is just a little off not bad though. But my 20 Well I wouldn't know Because I dont have one:(

Batoned some today.
Used these knives..
mvhBzmU.jpg

The Mora Kansbol felt like it was gonna break anytime.. The superthin tip flexed like crazy..
JXCksSt.jpg

It got the job done though, but only on the small stuff.
vKSPJ4v.jpg

Next up was the BK7 and it performed as always.
c1lb196.jpg

9BGwjaj.jpg

My until quite recently absolute favorite woodprocessing knife, the BK9.
Its still a beast at batoning though.
5f7P2wm.jpg

myAxQAE.jpg

And last but certainly not least the BK29. Just awesome :cool:
APbwKJw.jpg

Darcy my German Jagdterrier inspecting the finished mess..
I07ju5M.jpg

Closeup.
wnIzkMt.jpg

JdC6l4o.jpg

The pile and the biguns..
j6Jj5fd.jpg

Last edited:
danny.k do you still prefer the 9 over the 29. It seems like my 29 is just overkill for most of my task. Don't get me wrong I love my 29 but i still seem to walk out with my 9

I prefer to use the 29(after redoing the edge completly) but the 9 carries more easy...

Oh yea I remember you had to straighten the off center edge. The 9 sure does carry nice like you said. But that 29 just destroys things:)

Damn.. My kydexpress is to small for the bk29.
Need to make a bigger press.
Will try Holstex on that blade, any difference working with that stuff compared to kydex?

Joined the family to the lokal shoppingcentre the other day... Hate it, crowded and all... Just outside the mall is however a store selling tools and stuff so when wifey and daughters waisted money on thisanddats i found the knifeshelf:p:thumbsup:
Bought a pile of Moras.
Bottom row are the new ones..
yNCt2PN.jpg

Hoarding...? :oops:

Last edited:
Have my sights set for another Becker! Not shure which variant though..?
Becker BK2, 22 or 32? Howabout that Rothco-version? Id guess its a pricier plainjane BK2..

Back