Beckers And Chainsaw Photos Here

I was going to say it was from Australia, and that's why the bar is upside down.

But yes it is reversed to extend bar life. Like rotating tires.

Another thing you should do is take a flat file to the bar occasionaly. You will begin to notice a rounded groove forming in the slot that the chain rides in. And it will get sharp on the outsides. Filing it flat allows the chain to sit flat and not want twist and veer off line as much. It also helps reduce friction loss, keeping the power up.

Spent the last 6 weekends cuttin', cartin' and stackin'stackin wood for the winter, got about 6 cords, 2 more would be nice, 'never have enough fire wood...

Stay safe guys... "...happiness is a sharp chain and a straight bar."

Pole saws count? ;) Spent all day with this damn thing at work today...makes for a good upper body workout

xk43.jpg

Resurrecting an oldie:

1.png

Holy necro threadophilia :)

Made a split rail platform to put a new holz haussen on. Y'all seen the pix, so I can skip that.

The 180 is now the backup saw and general purpose trimmer. The 261 has a new yellow chain (aggressive) and did 8 trees in the last couple weeks when I had time, then it got dark, it rains, got sick twice, had minor surgery, two days of rain today, got wood?

Did manage to haul some up the hill even then, but it kicked ass.

Ooo! I want in, gotta get me toe in the door! :D

I picked this up last winter for the yard. Lesson learned, don't cut cactus with these, unless you like cleaning juice-pulp. The RBK did WAY better on them cactus!! :)

There is a Stihl MS260 that came from an ole auction site and was new w/o the box. I need to get familiar with it yet. :eek: It may be more saw than I really need here and now, but...

Isn't nearly enough pictures in this thread, I'll play soon. I havent taken one pic of my newly acquired saw yet, have had same thoughts as guyon pages back;). Been doing me good though.

never owned a poulan.

am strongly considering the Husky electric middle handle electric tree saw

never owned a poulan.

am strongly considering the Husky electric middle handle electric tree saw

I need to get an electric too. I used one at my father in laws, in Vermont. I was surprised how much power it had. Ate right through.

Paid $75 for that poulan, for price, can't really complain. When it's in 80ยฐ weather though doesn't run real well. Fires up every single time pull cord , gets bogged down while cutting, tried screwing with carb and nothing really made difference. 60-70s ran great. Will see what happens in colder weather. I used some bodies husky this summer, first one ever tried, did seem to run lil better, but harder to start up. I'm still probably getting a Husky sometime within next year:D or maybe Echo if can find a deal on one.

sometimes you have to take the thing to the pros to reset and start over.

sometimes you need a rebuild...

could be also you need some "good gas" and a lot of additives to clean things up.

treat them right, even after a previous owner, they do well. usually :D

Used my Husky again this weekend. Gonna get something with more power. 40cc is okay for smaller tasks, but it takes awhile to get through some thicker stuff.

Back