Benchmade 808 Loco Axis Lock

I've been pondering the Loco for awhile. Knifeworks has an exclusive blue scaled Contego but, I handled one the other day and the jimping is tough. Too tough in fact. I could Dremel the edges down but, I'd rather not take all that time to do so.

Question: can you really flick this open as fast as a thumb studded Axis? I'm used to Spydies and all but, wondering how the deployment is on this knife.

Regarding the blade finish? Cerakote is not DLC and will wear but, the best part about having a BM knife is when your blade gets ratty looking, send it back and for another $30-$40 you get a new blade. I must say, the grinding marks on my satin finished BM's bother me. I'm a huge fan of stonewashed blades and wished BM offered this option on all their knives. A hard user like the Loco would be an ideal fit for a SW blade IMO. I admit it, I hate scratches but, when you have a SW blade they become part of the finish and character.

I think that it's as fast as a thumb studded Axis. There is no jimping on the Loco but it's not a big deal. Actually, I prefer it without the jimping. I love my black coated blades. I wish the Loco had DLC but I like the Cerakoted blade. Cerakote is better than the BK1 & 2.

I say try it out. The knive is very comfortable in the hand. It's as big as an Adamas but for some strange reason it is way easier to pocket carry.

075db68abb486e20688f764cce5eefec.jpg

Regarding the blade finish? Cerakote is not DLC and will wear but, the best part about having a BM knife is when your blade gets ratty looking, send it back and for another $30-$40 you get a new blade. I must say, the grinding marks on my satin finished BM's bother me. I'm a huge fan of stonewashed blades and wished BM offered this option on all their knives. A hard user like the Loco would be an ideal fit for a SW blade IMO. I admit it, I hate scratches but, when you have a SW blade they become part of the finish and character.
Stonewashing is easy to do if you have a peanut butter jar, some duct tape, towels, river rock or ceramic pie weights, some WD-40, and a dryer.

My 808 is a regular carry and love the thing. As usual with new knives it's hard to keep it out of my pocket!

I have the Loco and The Griptilian side by side and there is little difference in overall length. The precise difference is .55" . And i agree, the non serrated looks way better!

Any whispers of a special edition 808 yet?

Dying for an M4 Loco. A blade like that is asking for some M4 love like the Gayle Bradley or Contego

Hello all
A few questions about this blade:
Does this one have any issiues with quality like bladeplay or anything else?
Is 808's axis thicker and stronger than Adamas's axis?
What is the coating on black blade is it dlc or TiNI? What about black coating's durability on black 808?
Thanks for the answers sirs

Hello all
A few questions about this blade:
Does this one have any issiues with quality like bladeplay or anything else?
Is 808's axis thicker and stronger than Adamas's axis?
What is the coating on black blade is it dlc or TiNI? What about black coating's durability on black 808?
Thanks for the answers sirs

No blade play issues. I've had it for 3 months and it has been my daily carry blade.
The Axis is the same as the Adamas.
The coating is Cerakote. Called Benchmade to verify. It's pretty good. I wish it was DLC though.

Thank you sir
Well on the photos 808's axis looks more thick than 275's

The Axis pin measures 0.185 in diameter and the stop pin is 0.172 diameter. I haven't opened it up to measure the pivot diameter.

Back