Benchmade 808 Loco Axis Lock

Did you know that you can change the scales on a Loco without disassembling the knife?
The pivot has screws on both sides of the knife.

Recently lost a Griptilian (sheeps foot) that was my DC for many year. Went looking for a replacement and was really liking the ZT and DPx stuff until I saw a LOCO. I picked up the PE and it's awesome! I wish it had a little jimping and a tad more traction on the scales but it's a great knife.

I finally had a chance to handle a Loco, thanks to an awesome Man on here who is a Key player in the aftermarket scale game, and I am so glad I did before buying one. Now I know that this knife is not for me.

Now I know that this knife is not for me.

+1

I’ve handled one on more than one occasion and the handle curve kills it for me. It’s a solid build, just not into the overall design. Plus, every time I see the 808, I think of Halloween for some weird reason.. :confused:

I finally had a chance to handle a Loco, thanks to an awesome Man on here who is a Key player in the aftermarket scale game, and I am so glad I did before buying one. Now I know that this knife is not for me.

I've been looking for a store that has one so I can check it out. It's slowly been overcoming my misgivings

I've been looking for a store that has one so I can check it out. It's slowly been overcoming my misgivings

For me, the little pinky bump is in the wrong spot. The Rift fits my hand perfectly, with the pinky bump sitting right between my ring and pinky fingers. With the Loco, that bump is directly on the bony part of my pinky finger, and a tight grip becomes very uncomfortable very quickly. If you have a chance to handle a Rift, see how it fits. If your hand is too big for a Rift, the Loco will probably be great for you.

It's one of the most comfortable knives I ever had. For my hand size of course :cool:
Great knife! Love it :thumbup:

VcR1Reb.jpg

Well, obviously this is not a design that appeals to everyone and that's fine.
However, it really does appeal to me.
I find it to be very comfy for my hands and the robust build on this baby is most certainly undeniable.
I find the feel of an overbuilt or Hulked out BM axis knife in hand to be most exhilarating.
Awesome job BM!

I'm glad I could help you out with a test drive Loonybin.
It's always best to try something out before committing the cash.
Glad it saved you the hassle.

I'll just have to consider myself lucky. :D

It doesn't take much to modify the bottom of any axis knife, if it's gonna be a user.

After couple months of using I can truly say that Loco is an excellent knife! It's a heavy duty beast and it's a great edc knife :) I really love my Loco and recommend to all of you guys ;)
pMVf7lo.jpg

Back