Benchmade 808 Loco Axis Lock

c89bcea79a81d661226e1adff0a8bff4.jpg
8e0dcaee143e40d0221c8e1d87a9f654.jpg

Honestly, they look the same. In the two pictures if you notice the axis lock on the Adamas has a wear on the coating on the bar. Axis bar maybe slightly bigger on the Loco.

c89bcea79a81d661226e1adff0a8bff4.jpg

Honestly, they look the same. In the two pictures if you notice the axis lock on the Adamas has a wear on the coating on the bar. Axis bar maybe slightly bigger on the Loco.
I've had mine apart several times....with calipers.
Adamas build = Loco build (super heavy duty!) :thumbup:
The pivot, stop pin, axis bar and omega springs are HULKED out way more than your average axis lock (710, Griptilian.....etc.)

Keyman, I'm curious what your one favorite BM folder. I'm sensing an 808 here...

I've had mine apart several times....with calipers.
Adamas build = Loco build (super heavy duty!) :thumbup:
The pivot, stop pin, axis bar and omega springs are HULKED out way more than your average axis lock (710, Griptilian.....etc.)

I just bought a Like New Loco 808 here on the forums and I should get it by Wednesday. Can't wait! I currently edc a 940 and love it. Got the Loco for a killer price also. It will work its way into my edc for sure.

BEST Looking BM lately, would love to own it,
but Price/Steel combo kills it, i wont pay 200$ on S30V.

begs for M390 at that price..

I bought the Loco for second time. I had to sell previous and I promised myself that I'll buy it again. I'm very happy! It's a great knife. Love it!
Now I have 808BK :love_heart:

m0rTVTE.jpg

I bought the Loco for second time. I had to sell previous and I promised myself that I'll buy it again. I'm very happy! It's a great knife. Love it!
Now I have 808BK :love_heart:

m0rTVTE.jpg

What do you think, do you like the black blade better than the satin or satin blade better than black?
I would be interested in seeing how well the black coating holds up.
I have satin now, but the black look is really growing on me.

What do you think, do you like the black blade better than the satin or satin blade better than black?

Honestly both of them are great! Previously I had satin blade and now I play with black blade finish.
It looks gorgeous!
A few years ago I had black blade griptilian and the coating was quite tough.
So I think it will be the same. I am enchanted :D

Keyman, I'm curious what your one favorite BM folder. I'm sensing an 808 here...
Well, it used to be the large Ritter grip.
However, I believe the Loco is built better.
It's like a Griptilian crossed with an Adamas!
Definitely my fav, for me and my likes.

Honestly both of them are great! Previously I had satin blade and now I play with black blade finish.
It looks gorgeous!
A few years ago I had black blade griptilian and the coating was quite tough.
So I think it will be the same. I am enchanted :D
I just picked up my second Loco.
The black bladed version, of coarse.
This knife is awesome!
I'm falling in love with it all over again!
I think I like the black even more then the satin, kind of surprised myself on that one.
But the black is super sexy.
This baby is built for the long haul.
You will not hear about any mechanical issues with this model.
Everything is so over built; springs, pivot and axis bar are huge.
I absolutely love it!

Well, it used to be the large Ritter grip.
However, I believe the Loco is built better.
It's like a Griptilian crossed with an Adamas!
Definitely my fav, for me and my likes.

I just picked up my second Loco.
The black bladed version, of coarse.
This knife is awesome!
I'm falling in love with it all over again!
I think I like the black even more then the satin, kind of surprised myself on that one.
But the black is super sexy.
This baby is built for the long haul.
You will not hear about any mechanical issues with this model.
Everything is so over built; springs, pivot and axis bar are huge.
I absolutely love it!
Good choice sir! :thumbup:
gba0hiv.jpg

Last edited:
To those of you that own both this knife and a Gayle Bradley, how do they compare? Obviously they're both hard-use folders, but which would you choose for EDC?

I don't like holes in blades but after reading this thread I might have to pick one of these up to try out.

Surprised I haven't seen this thread yet. Had my loco for some time now and its my primary edc. Man this thing is great in every way. Has definitely earned a very high spot in my collection. Surprised there has not been much more talk about it.

The 808 has all the features my 610 should have had. Love the both though. I will likely end up with a 2nd 808.

The more I see this thread the more I'm interested, but I have no dealers anywhere close. So... who wants to send theirs to me to handle for a day or so (and of course I'll mail it back priority insured)? :D

The more I see this thread the more I'm interested, but I have no dealers anywhere close. So... who wants to send theirs to me to handle for a day or so (and of course I'll mail it back priority insured)? :D
Let me put the factory scales back on my satin one and I'll let you test drive mine.
I'll hit you up for an address via PM when I've got it ready to ship.

I too am becoming more and more enticed to pick this one up. I particularly like the striations - that ripple effect on the G10. Do all of yours have it or is it more apparent on some models?

I too am becoming more and more enticed to pick this one up. I particularly like the striations - that ripple effect on the G10. Do all of yours have it or is it more apparent on some models?
Yes, it can be seen on all of them.
It's definitely more visible in just the right lighting.
The striations or ripple effect is there because the scales are actually tapered.
They are .150" thick at the pivot and then taper all the way down to .100" thick by the time they get to the lanyard.
The BM665 has a similar design .180" to .100".

Thanks for the info Keyman. Your enthusiasm for this knife is contagious to the point of enabling! I'm gonna go get me one!

Back