Besides CPK knives, whaddaya like?

I understand, Bob, and I love you for it :)

Thanks for sharing this one again Bob. Never fails to put a smile on my face.

You don't wanna know what puts a smile on my face! Oh shoot, you actually do so plz keep that to yourself while I still have a semblance and vestige of respect left on here :D

You don't wanna know what puts a smile on my face! Oh shoot, you actually do so plz keep that to yourself while I still have a semblance and vestige of respect left on here :D

does it have anything to do with Thailand?
;)

^^^ Do you mean those Thai elephants which have learned to paint? Aren't they just so awesome? ;) ^^^

yeah, 'elephant', that's what I mean... ;)

The herd,
7a39ce408739e6990910131b9d04bb76.jpg
c7b9037e5b7e8d51eec1c7311c14f2ee.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

For years, I wouldn't touch Damascus, it being a maintenance issue. But when a few highly accomplished makers began to produce really cool patterns that elevated such pieces to high visual art, I knew I would need to check them out more closely.

This is one I picked up from maker Ron Newton, MS at the 2012 Solvang show, a forged integral piece, keyhole construction, feather pattern with stabilized desert ironwood handle.
I later sold it to a buddy and kicked myself ever since.

He just this month decided he was going to sell some knives and knew I wanted it, so sold it back. I couldn't be happier, it just arrived today so it's a very Merry Christmas!

large.jpg

Edit 12/26: I've added a second image to this post, one that already existed that shows more of the details on edge:

xlarge.jpg

Last edited:
Have a great holiday season, Justin, as well as everyone who visits the CPK forum.

For years, I wouldn't touch Damascus, it being a maintenance issue. But when a few highly accomplished makers began to produce really cool patterns that elevated such pieces to high visual art, I knew I would need to check them out more closely.

This is one I picked up from maker Ron Newton, MS at the 2012 Solvang show, a forged integral piece, keyhole construction, feather pattern with stabilized desert ironwood handle.
I later sold it to a buddy and kicked myself ever since.

He just this month decided he was going to sell some knives and knew I wanted it, so sold it back. I couldn't be happier, it just arrived today so it's a very Merry Christmas!

large.jpg

Uh, WOW!

•••••••••••••••

Sent from my mind....using Tap-a-Thought. (tm)

damn, Bob! That's a killer piece
you still got some Axelson?

Holy smokes, that's a great looking knife Betzner!
That Damascus pattern almost looks unreal!

Holy smokes, that's a great looking knife Betzner!
That Damascus pattern almost looks unreal!

Ron Newton's Damascus is so exceptional that he attends shows in China and is a favorite of the Chinese collectors, who pretty much only want his Damascus steel. He's also known
for making classic gun knives with design from former centuries. I agree, it's exceptional forging, and so acknowledged by his peers. Glad I got it back. Not a user, LOL.

Back