BK29 in 50?

91bravo, you have stated twice now that there were 400 BK-20s made, I'm curious where you got this number? If you go back to the original announcement post "BONDOK BOWIE, an Introduction..." FAL'ER states "Limited to 450 knives" and that matches what was stated by Ka-bar I believe. Do you know something I missed? Doesn't matter either way, just curious. Thanks

450 is the same as 400+. Go back and look. What's your deal with the numbers?

And a pic since this is indeed a 29 thread...:p

G9MEDcU.jpg

91bravo,
No offense intended. Let me complement you on those gorgeous blades and the nice leather sheath! Do you plan to strip the 29 also?

Thanks! That 29 belongs to 1066vik, who graciously loaned it to me to try out for a few weeks. It was brand new and I devirginized it with the marks on it now. No offense taken in any way at all. I was just wondering and it's hard to read tone on the internet anyway!

Oh interesting, I was under a different impression then. I appreciate the clarification.

That just reaffirms my decision to stick with the 9 then, it serves all my heavy lifting needs at half the cost. Of course, that is subject to change if I ever have the opportunity to handle the 29.

You have to consider that these are direct from the manufacturer. Check the MSRP on all the other Beckers, or anything for that matter, direct from Ka-Bar. Maybe the BK21 would be closer to the 20/29 for comparison. Also consider what folks have been willing to pay on the exchange or auction sites for the 20.
All these factors together really do lead to the conclusion that not only is it a fair asking price...it's a really good deal.

Believe me, I get it. I had the exact same mind set for the 20. It's even on record here somewhere. Well...by the end of the day I had a BK20 on order lol.
Shortly after...a "back up"

I have a BK20, and a BK29. While I like both, I think I like the look/feel of the BK29 better, as it has, in my opinion, more of a classic Bowie design.

91bravo, you have stated twice now that there were 400 BK-20s made, I'm curious where you got this number? If you go back to the original announcement post "BONDOK BOWIE, an Introduction..." FAL'ER states "Limited to 450 knives" and that matches what was stated by Ka-bar I believe. Do you know something I missed? Doesn't matter either way, just curious. Thanks

probably more like 500, but 50 reserved is a good bet for the people involved. good stuff. probably.

450 is more likely ;)

The standard handles work well for me, but that micarta sure adds an organic warmth to the look, very nice!

Back