BK29 in 50?

What is it, about 8 days away from 50 days since launch. According to Kabar's website there are 258 still in stock....... don't think it will beat the BK20.

It's a nice knife but I like the BK20 better and the BK29 is close enough to the BK20 that people who bought the BK20 might not buy the BK29.

I have three BK20s and still have yet to decide on the BK29. Though, I will likely buy at least one because it would mean that I would have five Ka-Bar BK5s - 4 backups should suffice.

Back when I said the 29's would sell better than the 20's, I was wrong about that.

I guess it won't become a production knife, not that it ever was. But between the 20 and the 29 the 20 seems to be the favorite.

I have both the 20 and the 29...I actually prefer the 29. I really wanna customize the 29 but I'm holding back.

You obviously need to give me the 20 and end you're dilemma:thumbsup: Nice, Nice, and Nice blades Hawk.

Well fellas, looks to me I'll be strippin. That didn't take long for you guys to convince me.
Pics will follow. I've done some work on Beckers for people...but I am gonna take my time on this one. I posted some of my pics in different threads that I took my time on...but this will be epic. In my mind at least.

This can't be said enough. Buy as many bk29s as possible while you still can!

If you sell the snake charmer and bk5 you really are only paying 100 for the bk29 thats an AMAZING deal.

Just check out the used market on a bk20 you would probably be lucky to get one for 200 for just the single blade not the package deal.

Even in the future if you get short on cash you can sell a set and more than make your money back. It's a no-brainer.

Now I'm not saying buy them to flip them later down the road and I'm not going to think ill of anyone selling one 6 months from now at high price. I very well know the money comes and goes sometimes and blades have to be sold. All I'm saying is buy a user, buy one to mod, and buy as many backups as you can afford.

Lets look at numbers on the bk1 brute and bk6 patrol machete. They easily grab around $200 each if you can find one. There are probably 1000s of each of those made. The bk20 around 450. bk29 around 350.

I don't care how long these take to sell out. The second they are all gone tons of people are going to come out of nowhere and be pissed they missed the deal and they will be pissed at the after market prices. Thats what happened with the bk20s

OK rant over.

What is it, about 8 days away from 50 days since launch. According to Kabar's website there are 258 still in stock....... don't think it will beat the BK20.
Nope, not selling like the 20. Not sure it's so much the design, but maybe just that it followed the 20 which people love so much and doesn't perform much differently (sorry Cold One, you already said that in a different way). Also, as nice as the Charmer is, if they would have included say a BK-16 in the package, it would probably been a different story (I do like Charmer though!) looks like we still have plenty of time to grab this one.

Last edited:
I'm actually hoping they stay around long enough for me to save up for another purchase.

Another reason the bk29 might not be doing as well as the bk20, is because no one has done a youtube video on it. When the bk20 came out we had two beckerheads do videos with Ethan. and I think there was a review video or two floating around before they sold out.

I've seen 1 clip on the "tube" sofar about the bk29. Had to search for Becker Moses bowie to find it though.

Back