Important Info! Bladeforums Knife for 2017 - 6/26 Update!

While the 2011 is probably my favorite pattern so far, the 2009 is the most special to me. I was just starting recovery from open heart surgery, and couldn't get around by myself. I managed to finally get out long enough to send payment for one. Wish I had bought 2, but am thankful to have got that one. Like Ted, I have the complete set (and then some), but unlike Ted (who I admire for his courage to use them all), mine are all in unused condition.

mint is best! took me ages to find 2014 stag jack mint

@glennbad Glenn, 100 years from know, someone will come across my collection, worn, sharpened, dinged and in some cases a modified point on a Wharncliffe in an estate sale or in a antique holographic knife store. No story, no background other than pics on the internet and the knives they'll know very little about it.

Then someone will do an internet s each in the year 2117, they'll com across Spark's great grandkid's virtual 3D site, Blade Forums dot holograph find his way to BRL's great grandkid's page and will ask if anyone knows anything about the origin of the collection and the knives in it.

Somewhere down the road a great grandkid or other distant relative to Glenn will post he has the same set in perfect condition with all the boxes, tubes and paperwork. After much scrutiny by the OFKCSaHVA (Old Farts Knife Collectors Society and Historical Verification Services) run by Duncan and Jack Black's great grandkids it will be noted that although they ae the same knives the ones in my collection look nothing like the originals and should not be used as accurate examples of those knives from the early 2000s.

Without yours Glenn, a 100 years from know they'll never be able to identify mine. ;) Some times I wish I had put them away to keep pristine because of the history involved with the making of each one or had the money to buy 2 of each. It's been a long stage trip my friend and I've enjoyed the process that got us here each and every year. My biggest desire is to see them continue till they grind that last dot off the tang stamp. Ideally I'd love to see them continue doing an annual knife for many iterations of the BFC tang stamp but that's just a dream, let's deal with gettin' this year's knife delivered and see if there wild be a next year's knife.

Barry, Charlie and everyone else involved thanks again, I'll never stop being grateful for all the work done by everyone over the years, the friendships made and the knives that have come about because of our common love of knives. There's a pride in and loyalty to our forum, a camaraderie of friends made on the Porch in particular that's embodied in each years knife. I like to think that every year's knife had a piece of everyone who bought one put into each knife and that alone makes them invaluable to me. It's probably why I'm always so vocal and visible in the annual threads, they mean that much to me, that and the resultant friendships I've made because of them. :)

Ok I'm done gushin' over they knives and the people behind them. As always seems to be the case with me, a short response becomes a novel with stories, circles and paragraphs explainin' what each one was and....

Night everyone :)

Glenn and Ted, you are both heroes of mine!! The determination it takes to keep that ever-expanding collection together is admirable and praiseworthy!
As a patina lover, I wonder if patina will increase the value of said knives in the uber-future?
I had them all at some point, but many have drifted off to friends and family.
I can't really list my favorites, but the 2014 Stag Jack (a factory second) often finds itself in my pocket! And I also have a safe Queen of that knife!

Man, I've drooled over pics of the 2014 Stag Jack for a long time. I came in too late to pick one up. And the aftermarket I've seen were priced a bit high for me. Looks like my only hope for that one is to wait for a heavy user.

Man, I've drooled over pics of the 2014 Stag Jack for a long time. I came in too late to pick one up. And the aftermarket I've seen were priced a bit high for me. Looks like my only hope for that one is to wait for a heavy user.

bflying bflying
Don't give up, they show up. I got lucky, so can you.

if i can find and buy 3 of em on various conditions, it shouldnt be hard, just gotta be patient!

DSC_5408.JPG

DSC_6261.JPG

DSC_6215.JPG

DSC_6383.JPG

DSC_8119.JPG

DSC_9177.JPG

DSC_6284.JPG

I guess I don't have any pictures of my 2009 Barlow. I'll have to fix that.

best

mqqn

Nothin' like action shots, I love the way the 2015 CSC Serpentine Jack is aging. Mine has picked up a tumbled pocket polish that goes deep and shows more of he grain than it did when new. I'll have to get a pic up. Great pics mqqn

Nice series of pics, Mqqn! Fine entertainment while I sip my coffee!

I just would like to point out that our knife is listed under "What's in Production" on the GEC website, but there they haven't put up an associated link yet.

I'm pretty bummed it's not a nail nick. All my sheepfoot 15s from GEC have long pulls, I was REALLY looking forward to the difference the nail nick would bring.

I honestly would be happy with either. Though I do like the look of the long pull, especially on a sheepfoot blade, the nail nick was certainly not anywhere close to a dealbreaker. Especially since this knife represents my first #15 from GEC.

Back