Off Topic by special request: Snarkalicious!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy crap, Dubz IS red! Congrats!

So, moved my wonderful girlfriend in, got her a job down this way, and that is the most recent of happenings.

Prior to this, yet another round of flooding for WV, not a lot of fun though.

And for the two weeks prior to that, I worked round the clock at the BSA 2017 National Jamboree. That was a heck of an adventure, but I sure was glad to be done.

So, did I miss much of anything?

Holy crap, Dubz IS red! Congrats!

So, moved my wonderful girlfriend in, got her a job down this way, and that is the most recent of happenings.

Prior to this, yet another round of flooding for WV, not a lot of fun though.

And for the two weeks prior to that, I worked round the clock at the BSA 2017 National Jamboree. That was a heck of an adventure, but I sure was glad to be done.

So, did I miss much of anything?
Crazy, right? Not sure what the hell Ethan was thinking, haha. Thanks man.

Good to see you have a new girl. You seem pretty crazy about her. That's a good thing. And yes, you missed me. :D

You need to be here more often. So does the Moose. Miss that old bastard.

I have felt like a terrible mod, but I have been, so it makes sense. She is into photography, and that kinda got me interested, so hopefully i can get better at takin pics. I have been practicing.

I have felt like a terrible mod, but I have been, so it makes sense. She is into photography, and that kinda got me interested, so hopefully i can get better at takin pics. I have been practicing.
I think the reason I'm a decent photographer, is because I take upwards of 500-800 photos, and get 40 or so good ones, haha. That, and practicing manipulating them, to make them look better.

My son was having crap luck, lost his home, motor blew up in his car, etc, and things started looking up. This was just a few months ago. He decided he wanted to live a van life. He purchased a $60,000 Mercedes 4x4 turbo diesel van, came home, and we got a bed in it, installed a vented fan, storage, etc. He has a good paying job, but he decided to buy and sell on the side, to make extra money, and was quite successful with it. All this in the last couple of months. So, I got a call about an hour ago from him. He was the second vehicle in a left turn lane, when a truck pulling a camper came over the hill. The camper came off the hitch, and course ran right into the side of his van. He got out to talk to the guy, and of course, he kept going, and never stopped. The cops came, and said more than likely the camper was stolen. So now, he just lost his home, and his vehicle again. He called his insurance company, and they said at this point, since they have no info from the other party, he'll have to pay a deductible, to get it taken care of. I think my son has worse luck than me, if that were humanly possible. He just texted me, and said it was stolen...

Congrats on 25 Dunkem!
10 year anniversary for me tomorrow.
Taking my wife over to Leavenworth for the weekend. It's a pretty neat Bavarian village up in the mountains. Should be a great time!

For the tactician who has everything...
dFSJcHF.jpg

https://products.nationalgunowner.org/squeeze-page6nuppl69?utm_source=facebookNGOA

That sucks, Warrior. Glad he wasn't hurt.

Wow, that is bad luck Dubz. At least he wasn't injured in the accident. Hope things turn around for him.
Thanks guys, appreciate it. He had his window down, and the mirror was broken in the process, throwing glass on him, but yes, luckily he didn't get hurt. I hope they find the thieving bastard, but they probably won't. I was up and down all night long thinking about it.

yeah that sux... his luck will turn around now, seems like a cycle of bad is going around... cant wait to get my head above water myself..

hate thieves, was a trailer stolen here two days ago came of the hitch and went theough someones house while they were sleeping....

yeah that sux... his luck will turn around now, seems like a cycle of bad is going around... cant wait to get my head above water myself..

hate thieves, was a trailer stolen here two days ago came of the hitch and went theough someones house while they were sleeping....
Same here, hate a freakin' thief. Lazy ass bastards don't want to work, so they steal other people's hard work. Hate them.

Congrats on 25 Dunkem!
10 year anniversary for me tomorrow.
Taking my wife over to Leavenworth for the weekend. It's a pretty neat Bavarian village up in the mountains. Should be a great time!

hmmm....
definitely not the Leavenworth I'm familiar with.......

Ft. Leavenworth, that is.

My son was having crap luck, lost his home, motor blew up in his car, etc, and things started looking up. This was just a few months ago. He decided he wanted to live a van life. He purchased a $60,000 Mercedes 4x4 turbo diesel van, came home, and we got a bed in it, installed a vented fan, storage, etc. He has a good paying job, but he decided to buy and sell on the side, to make extra money, and was quite successful with it. All this in the last couple of months. So, I got a call about an hour ago from him. He was the second vehicle in a left turn lane, when a truck pulling a camper came over the hill. The camper came off the hitch, and course ran right into the side of his van. He got out to talk to the guy, and of course, he kept going, and never stopped. The cops came, and said more than likely the camper was stolen. So now, he just lost his home, and his vehicle again. He called his insurance company, and they said at this point, since they have no info from the other party, he'll have to pay a deductible, to get it taken care of. I think my son has worse luck than me, if that were humanly possible. He just texted me, and said it was stolen...
Dang, hope things turnaround for your son.

Dang, hope things turnaround for your son.
Thanks man. I talked to him earlier today, and he was in pretty good spirits.

book challenge: "Woodwork in Theory and Practice by Walton"

find me a good cheap copy :D

that sucks, but having a vehicle [without an engine hit your own vehicle sure sounds like "no fault"... regardless.

also, who owns the camper? let's just say THEIR insurance is on the hook probably.

but he's alive, and "it's only money"

that sucks, but having a vehicle [without an engine hit your own vehicle sure sounds like "no fault"... regardless.

also, who owns the camper? let's just say THEIR insurance is on the hook probably.

but he's alive, and "it's only money"
I haven't heard anything else, other than the camper was stolen. My son said there was a plate on it, but who knows if it was legit or not. The cops said the truck they were in was more than likely stolen as well. An insurance adjuster is supposed to come Tuesday and look at his van. About all I know.

It is things like this that make you realize how unimportant money and stuff is. Things can be replaced, people cannot. It is better to be dealing with auto insurance than health insurance or worse yet life insurance. I have seen and unfortunately been involved in some pretty serious car crashes. I never hugged my mother as hard as I did that day. I am pretty lucky to be here. I am glad he is ok and I hope everything works out. Stay positive!!! :D

It is things like this that make you realize how unimportant money and stuff is. Things can be replaced, people cannot. It is better to be dealing with auto insurance than health insurance or worse yet life insurance. I have seen and unfortunately been involved in some pretty serious car crashes. I never hugged my mother as hard as I did that day. I am pretty lucky to be here. I am glad he is ok and I hope everything works out. Stay positive!!! :D
Thanks man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back