Coffee

I married an Italian woman. Dinner tonight involves miles of pasta, meat balls, homemade sauce, and garlic bread. šŸ˜…
I'm half Italian, well Sicilian. I went home from work a little early, it was quiet and I've got a fearsome cold. I hadn't eaten all day. Made myself a bowl of Capellini alla Pesto. Very light pesto, no cream. Almost like aglio e olio except pesto added in, as well as some Parmesan cheese.

Mom and I made it Saturday with grilled shrimp. Our Sicilian family is from Galveston, TX so a lot of seafood is involved.

I just woke up from a four hour nap, and am hungry again. Gonna eat something somewhat lower carb. Possibly. Or maybe chicken noodle soup.

This morning I made my coffee with two Nespresso pods, still had trouble staying awake. Voltesso pods.

I'm half Italian, well Sicilian. I went home from work a little early, it was quiet and I've got a fearsome cold. I hadn't eaten all day. Made myself a bowl of Capellini alla Pesto. Very light pesto, no cream. Almost like aglio e olio except pesto added in, as well as some Parmesan cheese.

Mom and I made it Saturday with grilled shrimp. Our Sicilian family is from Galveston, TX so a lot of seafood is involved.

I just woke up from a four hour nap, and am hungry again. Gonna eat something somewhat lower carb. Possibly. Or maybe chicken noodle soup.

This morning I made my coffee with two Nespresso pods, still had trouble staying awake. Voltesso pods.

That's how I like my pesto.

Feel better!

I customer on my route gave me some Double Chocolate coffee from Santa Barbara Coffee. I have to admit I donā€™t usually like ā€œflavoredā€ coffee, but Iā€™d buy this one again! Iā€™ll post a picā€¦..

IMG_3863.jpg

It is time to consider if you want to participate in the 2023 SECRET SANTA SWAP! I will start the ā€œofficialā€ sign up list now. Same rules as last yearā€¦.
Rule #1- knives and coffee.
#2- No other rules!!! šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

If you want in post ā€œIā€™m inā€ then pm or email me your name and address. ssjs678@yahoo.

Thanks

Taylortat
Monofletch
DannyP
Ryan Thompson
Fire king
FliteRN

Last edited:
It is time to consider if you want to participate in the 2023 SECRET SANTA SWAP! I will start the ā€œofficialā€ sign up list now. Same rules as last yearā€¦.

If you want in post ā€œIā€™m inā€ then pm or email me your name and address. ssjs678@yahoo.

Thanks
Iā€™m in

Iā€™m in!

I had participated in a number of these in past years under a different account. Good to be back in it again!

In terms of knives and coffee i like anything lefty friendly and usually whole bean light to medium roasts!

dannyp dannyp I hear you are a southpaw as well?!

Last edited:
So I tried Jot. I'd seen their ads. It's a cold-brew concentrate. One bottle makes 14 cups and costs upwards of $25 depending. (I got a few bottles at $20 a piece with free shipping.) That's expensive as far as coffee in general but a little less horrible as an instant that can make hot or iced on the fly. The flavor of the regular and dark roasts are actually quite good.

It isn't better than french press or even one of the better European instants like Davidoff. but it is different and brings its own thing to the table. The convenience is certainly there. At least I got to try something new.

So I tried Jot. I'd seen their ads. It's a cold-brew concentrate. One bottle makes 14 cups and costs upwards of $25 depending. (I got a few bottles at $20 a piece with free shipping.) That's expensive as far as coffee in general but a little less horrible as an instant that can make hot or iced on the fly. The flavor of the regular and dark roasts are actually quite good.

It isn't better than french press or even one of the better European instants like Davidoff. but it is different and brings its own thing to the table. The convenience is certainly there. At least I got to try something new.
I figured that would taste old and stale.

Thanks

Taylortat
Monofletch
DannyP
Ryan Thompson
Fire king
FliteRN

We need some more players. Invite some friends!
Secret Santa list so farā€¦..

Taylortat
Monofletch
DannyP
Ryan Thompson
Fire king
FliteRN

Last edited:
Back