Coffee

So I tried Jot. I'd seen their ads. It's a cold-brew concentrate. One bottle makes 14 cups and costs upwards of $25 depending. (I got a few bottles at $20 a piece with free shipping.) That's expensive as far as coffee in general but a little less horrible as an instant that can make hot or iced on the fly. The flavor of the regular and dark roasts are actually quite good.

It isn't better than french press or even one of the better European instants like Davidoff. but it is different and brings its own thing to the table. The convenience is certainly there. At least I got to try something new.
I've tried Jot, my mother in law get's it through subscribe and save or whatever bullshit that is.

Surprisingly smooth coffee, still prefer french press though.

Last edited:
I've tried Jot, my mother in law get's it through subscribe and save or whatever bullshit that is.

Surprisingly smooth coffee, till prefer french press though.

You're right about the smoothness, in the both the regular and dark versions. I also got the vanilla, mostly for the wife but I tried it. It's good for a flavor and I'm glad that they keep it natural.

I also prefer french press, especially with the right beans. The value I see in Jot is that it's effectively instant. It beats the heck out of any dry instant at my local grocery store or Walmart. To get a competitive dry instant, you've either got to shop online or live in Europe. (If you haven't tried the Davidoff line of instant coffee, it's worth checking out.)

Speaking of worth, Jot is expensive. However good it is or however much I like it, I've got to consider the home economy. Taster's Choice is a step down in quality but it's probably the best widely available instant here. At the local value club, I can get the 75-cup jar of Taster's Choice for about the same price as a 14-cup bottle of Jot. Even using two scoops per cup, that still puts Jot at almost three times the price. Taking Davidoff as the best instant online, it's still almost half the cost per cup. So while I'm glad to have tried it, I probably won't be keeping the subscription.

I think Jot could be a win for people who love iced coffee. Unlike dry instant, it mixes seamlessly into cold water or milk. The cocktail applications are tempting...

LAST CALL!! I will be drawing names just after Thanksgiving if anyone else wants in the swap!

It is time to consider if you want to participate in the 2023 SECRET SANTA SWAP! I will start the “official” sign up list now. Same rules as last year….
Rule #1- knives and coffee.
#2- No other rules!!! 🤣🤣

If you want in post “I’m in” then pm or email me your name and address. ssjs678@yahoo.

Thanks

Taylortat
Monofletch
DannyP
Ryan Thompson
Fire king
FliteRN
Bikerector

Last edited:
Back