CONTEST: win a FireSteel just by answering a question...

Which would you prefer?

• Higher quality at a higher price?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • User-grade at a lower price?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Edge is very important. I would take a wicked sharp user any day over a super expensive dull custom.....

Definately Option 2. For me a knife is all about utility, and if it is useful and tough and looks the part thats beautiful in and of itself.

I would rather have user grade at a lower price. If I had a work of art, I would be scared to use it. I am not saying I want a piece of junk, but in my opinion, your worst work is still leaps and bounds above most folks best work. Thanks Dan.
Andy

How about quality work at a fair price.

Option 2 for me ' User-grade at a lower price ' if it gets the job done does it really matter if it looks a little rough around the edges ?
You can't skimp on the steel and heat treat but everything else is optional !

User grade for me, there are so many makers doing hi end stuff thats too expensive to use as a hard user. but it wouldn't mean that i would except sloppy fit and finish so a balance is needed.

even my most expensive knife gets used. I like users with good ergonomics at a better price point, over more expensive longer wait. I am not saying that I don't appreciate knives simply for looks and collector appeal, but I buy knives I am going to use.

Tough question.......... really ...... :confused:
I went with "user grade" though ....... :thumbup: :D

User grade for me, a knife should do what its meant to do first and everything else is secondary,
Chris.

so this worked in another thread, so i will try this here.

it has been a LONG time sense you posted in this thread Dan! When oh when will you pick the winner?!

I voted higher quality. I'm prepared to pay more for that, especially for nice handle materials.

Regards,

Jos

I would vote function over form any day. Use good materials, put a nice grind on it and make it a "Working Knife". That's my vote.

Yes - time to pick a winner.....

putting in the info now.......into www.random.org.....

says that moonwilson is the winner.

Congrats!!!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

PM/email your address asap.

Thanks!

Dan

Thanks to all for participating

Thanks Dan! You rock! I never win anything!

I promise to put the firesteel to good use! (PM sent) It will ride in my Bushcraft sheath, which goes everywhere I go now.

Back