CRKT Hi Jinx - Ken Onion Design - Made by LionSteel

Slide14.JPG

MANUFACTURED BY

Slide7.JPG

Last edited:
Just placed my order for a hi-jinx with KW. Very intrigued. CRKT has come a long way in recent years and this collaboration with Lion Steel is another step in their attempt to improve quality.

I'm looking forward to this one. :)

That is tempting. The only thing holding me back is the lack of a stainless steel lock interface, which the lionsteel flipper should have in sept.

The two downsides to the Hi Jinx are the weight and the lack of a steel lockbar insert.

I asked The Edge Observer about the lockbar:

Ramin says:
May 19, 2014 at 6:33 pm
Does the titanium lock bar have a stainless steel insert?

The Edge Observer says:
May 19, 2014 at 7:21 pm
No, the lock bar does not have a steel insert at the end.

Ramin says:
May 19, 2014 at 7:57 pm
Did you encounter any lock bar stickiness at all?

At that price I don’t understand why CRKT wouldn’t go for a SS lock bar insert for stickiness and wear issues.

The Edge Observer says:
May 19, 2014 at 8:04 pm
When I first received the sample the lock was a bit sticky but seems to have worn in well. I can’t report on long term use at this point though. I haven’t had the knife long enough to know. Agreed a SS insert wouldn’t have hurt.

Ramin says:
May 19, 2014 at 8:11 pm
Thanks.

One possible solution is to carbadize the lockbar. Maprik just got a carbadizer and he does excellent work. For any of those that might want to pursue that option.

Perhaps I will, pick one up if the Lionsteel Version isn't want I'm hoping for, although I doubt that will be the case.

One possible solution is to carbadize the lockbar. Maprik just got a carbadizer and he does excellent work. For any of those that might want to pursue that option....

That just might be an excellent suggestion. Thanks for the suggestion. After I get it in and play with it awhile, I'll get with him if the knife needs some work on the lockbar.

One possible solution is to carbadize the lockbar. Maprik just got a carbadizer and he does excellent work. For any of those that might want to pursue that option.

Perhaps I will, pick one up if the Lionsteel Version isn't want I'm hoping for, although I doubt that will be the case.

That just might be an excellent suggestion. Thanks for the suggestion. After I get it in and play with it awhile, I'll get with him if the knife needs some work on the lockbar.

Ditto. Thanks austonh.

Mine has some stick. An insert would been perfect.

Yup. Another person on another forum said the same thing and used pencil graphite to remedy it. Sounds like I'll be doing the sharpie treatment and hopefully not a lot of iterations.

Mine is being shipped today from KnifeWorks.

They said: "8 ship today, 24 tomorrow, and 50 on Monday.".

The Hi Jinx are selling better than I expected.

KnifeWorks raised their price for the Hi Jinx from $299.95 to $399.95! I asked them just now and they said: "... we had the price wrong, but we will honor the $299.95 if you call customer service and place the order."

So, if you still want one at the old price I'd call them (888.225.9775) pronto!

Glad I ordered two of them on Tuesday!

I ordered mine last night from KW for $299.95, and noticed the price jump today. However BHQ has pre-orders for $299...so is the price really wrong?!?

It's pretty much $400 now at KnifeWorks, KnifeCenter and BladeHQ.

Last edited:
Both of my CRKT Hi Jinx flippers from KnifeWorks came in just now. Serial# 0211 & 0383.

Beauty and the beast! Love it! It feels solid and substantial in the hand but not heavy!

The lockbar is stickier on one than the other. Need to do some sharpie treatment later.

The flipper action is very good with medium detent strength. It flips open from any angle (toughest being when you hold it straight up because the heavy weight of the blade is working against gravity) with no wrist assist.

The blade is amazing. Thick, sharp, heavy and centered!

The handles are very comfortable to hold and assure a great grip.

Both the blade and titanium handles are fingerprint magnets but not as bad as say the TiSpine Shiny finish.

Back