Danny.k's Becker HH and DH

Nice hawg! Awesome to see you use your Becker to gut them hawgs!

Yeah, that bk10 worked really well. Cut right through the ribcage.
Close call with that sharpened swedge though...almost lost a finger cause i forgot...made a real impression on my left thumb [emoji40]

Might find some use for a BK5..
Is there any flex in that blade? Like a bit of flex when butchering.

There is a little, but Very little will be found in meat and joint work.
I have bent mind (prior to thinning) splitting logs, but it came back true.

I have since thinned it to .030 BTE and that being the case, has a little more give to it. I still don't see much flex aside from working a shoulder or similar. Though I wouldn't use it to pry the joint, I work them by hand and cut them when I have to. (Post thinning)

It still is a beast at light wood work too.

Got a pile of kydex to pick up on my way home from work, finaly...darned customs 👹
Sheathmakin shortly!

Maybe a tad to much tape...
DSC_0481_zps6y7mqkdp.jpg

Fresh from the press.
DSC_0482_zps4u7kaedn.jpg

Backside showing
DSC_0483_zpsr6jjkdlf.jpg

Skinned and butchered the boar yesterday. Used the bk10 for skinning and it performed really well.

My huntinbuddy butchering the last leg on his half of the hawg.
DSC_0494_zpsiqe99zay.jpg

I chopped the ribs easily thanks to the bk10 and tried to chop of the spine... Friggin knife just went clean through on my first chop [emoji15] [emoji3]!
Even tried some stabbing with the 10 on various "bits and pieces" and penetration was sensational! The sharpening of the swedge has a use.

Nice work, great pix..... Thank you for a great post and the kind words...... I really love seeing my blades at work..... I really do appreciate your business and I only wish I was close enough to "borrow" a wee taste of hat bacon and sausage!!!!..

Come back often......

All Best....

Ethan

Wow, thanks!
You are welcome over here anytime!
You've created some really sturdy useable tools for hard work. Especially the exellent handledesign witch allows a multitude of different "holds" suited for different tasks makes the knives extremely userfriendly.
To bad i havn't been aware of your BK&T products earlier..

Oh, by the way.
Found this yesterday when changing axels..
DSC_0497_zpsdshwnzdy.jpg

Not so yummy [emoji40]
DSC_0496_zpsampqjvvj.jpg

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

The hogleg got "tagged" and shipped through the companys internal post to the desk for faulty parts... Havn't seen or heard anything about the shipment yet [emoji1].

Back