Danny.k's Becker HH and DH

They are optional.
You need to aply for a license(about 25$)though.. Just like we have to do for guns. We are only allowed max 6 guns for hunting. Silencers dont add up on that limit.

Did not see any hogs last night, just a coupple fallowdeer.

New try for bacon tonight. Trying to protect my uncles small oatfields but its been windy for weeks and that makes the hogs a bit spooky/cautious..

Managed to drop my 9 yesterday when batoning... Edge first onto concrete"tiles"(?) so a portion of the edge(just where the edge starts to bend away towards the tip) got quite a few chips..

Roe-buck season started aug 16:th and resulted in absolutely nothing..
Went out to the lease again in the afternoon on the 17:th and harvested a nice sixpointer after some serious stalking.
Let the jagdterrier do some tracking(saw the buck go down but training is good for the dog).
q5NdofE.jpg

kxKUeBa.jpg

Gutted the buck using my trusted Swingblade but will do the rest whith Beckers.

Roe-buck season started aug 16:th and resulted in absolutely nothing..
Went out to the lease again in the afternoon on the 17:th and harvested a nice sixpointer after some serious stalking.
Let the jagdterrier do some tracking(saw the buck go down but training is good for the dog).
q5NdofE.jpg

kxKUeBa.jpg

Gutted the buck using my trusted Swingblade but will do the rest whith Beckers.
Fry up that liver for me danny.k

Sorry, goes back to my early years in school when we HAD to eat what was served.. Nasty liversausages :(..

Will make som gulasch-soup of the frontlegmeat shortly. Backstraps are gonna get smoked:thumbsup:.

Sorry, goes back to my early years in school when we HAD to eat what was served.. Nasty liversausages :(..

Will make som gulasch-soup of the frontlegmeat shortly. Backstraps are gonna get smoked:thumbsup:.
Good to see you harvesting fresh meat again :D

Does the back strap have enough fat content to stand up well in the smoker?

No can do... Threw it away cause i cant stand the taste of liver :oops:

Most deer I shoot are mutants with out livers. One time a liver got shot clear out of the deer high in to a tree, where my mother came along saw it up there and almost shot it out of a tree but thankfully a raven grabbed it and flew off with it just in the nick of time!

Livers where I hunt are clear of flukes. So some times deer I shoot have them when I got an expecting relative or some one is ill currently though. Some how the deer has a liver then after it gets shot.

Almost no fat at all... Smoking gently :)

Yeah, I'm not a hunter at all, but I AM an avid smoker (of food). So I was curious how that would work. Smoking lean cuts is VERY tough to get without them drying out like crap. Good brine I assume, since the salt is hydrophilic and retains moisture?

Unzipping using the appropriate swingblade.. Did all the rest of the skinning with the BK2.
Trp2Msb.jpg

Uncle E have mentioned deer-decapitation somewhere.. Had to try it..
lqpag3M.jpg

The BK2 smashed thru with ease.

qacYaas.jpg

Back