Don't feed stray dogs...

Because of this thread I had the most bizarre on going dream last night. More of a nightmare really. I attended, getting in wasn't an issue but once inside I couldn't find the part of the factory where the sale was. Near the end of it I was at a place inside where there were way too many people getting used cars and vans ready to sell. Body work and painting was part of the process where needed. Many other crazy scenes that wouldn't stop.

My goal was to find the Vanex blems so I would have Tilt I would use. I guess I somehow knew there were none to be had.

Thanks for your posts Kyle and glad you got through the night...and day with less discomfort than last year!

Thomas as always made the day! Totally miss him around here. Had a fun conversation with him. He asked me what I wanted and I don't really need any regular production knives since I've pretty much bought one of everything already. He kept saying "are you sure?" I asked for a specific Blur model that he has. He said he didn't have one as in "I don't remember we ever made one even as a prototype" Then I said. Nope, you did. He says "you've seen it in my drawer" (I've obsessively scanned every pic I can find for Blurs noone knows about) and I say "Yes" and he smirks and says "nope, don't have one of those!". I got the point but Thomas is always fun. Sounds like a tense conversation when written out but it was kind of a fun light hearted verbal sparring match.

Some day though it will be mine!!!

I did get confirmation it is okay to come by sometime when he isn't busy and talk. The knowledge he has is priceless and all of the intricacies of how an operation that size does things, or actually more how the people they woek with like Amazon and Walmart do things. There is a lot to it and it really helps develop a respect for everything it takes just to get knives out to us, especially those special limited run knives that won't be carried by the big retailers while still balancing things to keep those orders fulfilled. Probably not that interesting to most people but I'm just a big knowledge sponge and want to know everything about everything.

So all in all, got some very good deals but those intangible things are priceless and made every hour of wet boredom totally worth it even if it didn't seem worth it at time.

I bet I know which one you were asking about;)!

I hope my random postings and musings kept you entertained! I envy you very much for being able to be there.
I like to know how all the pieces fit the puzzle too!
And lastly thanks for all the pics and insights, it was almost like I was sort of maybe there! I like to know how all the pieces fit the puzzle too!

Seeings he said he's seen in Thomas's desk drawer, I'm betting it's not one we've ever seen pictures of either. :D

Thanks for the posts Kyle. It was kind of cool to live vicariously through you for a couple days. Look forward to more pics.

I'm headed back... Sick puppy that I am. KAI has posted lots of pics in various places but I grabbed my good camera anyway to take some more pics for people.

24 hours of waiting apparently wasn't enough.. I need help guys!

I wish I knew all Dave picked up so where people want one or two particular things that aren't big
sellers that Dave didn't get I could grab them. I don't want to step on Dave's toes anywhere or have to have you pay more when his prices are better.. Although so far only picked up the orange guy I'm giving away and an 0100.

Okay, outside again now and looks like almost no line!!

Good luck finding some more rare goodies. Maybe you can wrestle one from under Thomas' desk! Now go find Ronda and tell her ZTs are better than bacon. Apparently there's a prize?

A box labeled 2012 Kershaw kicker with photos of the Snap-On blurs has been spotted! I'll see what I can discover!

Trying to find a kid to send to ronda without appearing to some weirdo.. Well, in that not good way not knife nerd way.

Its hot and crowded and people are bumping in to people.. and I'm wandering with my camera.. Apparently the knife Ronda had "was the knife [she] wanted" and we are in full melt down.. I got the "I'm done" and pushed to the line.. I suppose my being on the phone in line isn't helping.... Just can't win..

Its hot and crowded and people are bumping in to people.. and I'm wandering with my camera.. Apparently the knife Ronda had "was the knife [she] wanted" and we are in full melt down.. I got the "I'm done" and pushed to the line.. I suppose my being on the phone in line isn't helping.... Just can't win..

Butthurt at an awesome warehouse sale? Lame.

I think this is pent up anger about me being gone and camped out instead of at home. Of course she can't just say that, instead it is all about the free knife and why I didn't tell her instead of a kid that looked like he really wanted one but couldn't afford it. First thing she said to me was "I don't like this" referring to the G10 and how rough it is on the 350TS... I don't understand women.. Or people in general most days... I should stick with computers and dogs.

I think this is pent up anger about me being gone and camped out instead of at home. Of course she can't just say that, instead it is all about the free knife and why I didn't tell her instead of a kid that looked like he really wanted one but couldn't afford it. First thing she said to me was "I don't like this" referring to the G10 and how rough it is on the 350TS... I don't understand women.. Or people in general most days... I should stick with computers and dogs.

Your last sentence essentially wraps up my beliefs on life, except I prefer cats. :D

Back