Fairly Knives Chat - For people who like Knives, have Knives or use Knives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The deer are so nice.
ok, use the Google for an image but I just got a CRKT Stiff KISS. I had one years ago and gave it away and always missed it. Full Circle! And it was just $30. clams. This one will hold me till I can afford a DFK.
rolf

Good morning y'all. Daniel,It is awesome that Jade gets to grow up around wildlife and nature!
Matt,The shop is lookin' great. I will be doing my shop very soon. WOOO HOOOOO !
Y'all have a good one . oh and I will leave you with a pic of a crazy .....uuumm bike???
8716942364_316783697a_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Dude(!) is that a recumbent trike? Those tail steer 'bent trikes are wicked fun! When I worked at the bike shop we had a customer bring one in for service, and it is crazy handling that thing. You can whip into a tight corner at full speed and it just sticks to the ground. Recumbents are crazy fast on flat ground, but suck going up hills. Strong riders can maintain close to 30mph for a long time.

Crazy busy day here, got my usual two big shipments in, but both are bigger than normal. 9 full pallets to receive and put away. My back is gonna be killin me later, even with my back brace. A couple hundred 30# and up bags is a lot of lifting.

I have been working on a plan for my mini, I think I have figured out the issues with forging an integral on a small scale, but I have a couple backups just in case! I thought I was going to have a weekend to myself with Brandi and Zyler going to L.A. this weekend, but plans changed and they're staying home. I just need to figure out when I'm going to get it going.

-Xander

Nice score Rolf! I really like that knife..,

Hey Kevin! Awesome pic

Take it as easy as possible Xander! That is a lot of lifting, reminds me of growing up on the farm.

Tired, out of beer, and Zyler is being a Holy Terror.

It wasn't a bad day, though.

Daniel, do you still have a template of the Teak Rigger? I want one in 1/3 scale and Ti. I know you got a million things going, so what difference is a million and one?! :D Office friendly-ish box/dorito bag knife.

Rolf, you might like the First Strike by CRKT, I have one I carried for years when I was breaking into houses full time. I carried it scout style. Its pretty cool, but per CRKT company policy, the steel is lack luster and edge geometry from the factory was like a plastic ruler.

-Xander

Morning! It is sleeting here, the ground is white!

Xander I do have a template of the teak rigger, I'm making another one or two later on for an order 1/3 size, Ti sounds cool! ...in some ways the Backpacker and rigger evolved alongside each other. cool idea!

I like that CRKT. I have a CRKT/Ken Onion Ripple and was pretty impressed with it in general but the steel is not the best. I am always testing edge retention and mine has no edge after little use, it is all flattened out. I really like the ergonomics and the finish wasn't bad.

Morning! It is sleeting here, the ground is white!

Xander I do have a template of the teak rigger, I'm making another one or two later on for an order 1/3 size, Ti sounds cool! ...in some ways the Backpacker and rigger evolved alongside each other. cool idea!

I like that CRKT. I have a CRKT/Ken Onion Ripple and was pretty impressed with it in general but the steel is not the best. I am always testing edge retention and mine has no edge after little use, it is all flattened out. I really like the ergonomics and the finish wasn't bad.

Hi Gang!
Steady rain last night but nice now.
Who has a CRKT E R folder? I might get one? Orange handle, seat belt cutter, glass breaker and... tanto.

Hey Rolf!

I like that folder, it looks cool!

...not too sure about seatbelt cutters, do they work well?

Any knife with big holes in it does it for me though, lol. Tekna!

Hi Daniel!I hear the seat belt cutter works! If not, you can grind 'er off!
Tekna... cool.
I like Boker's production of the Nealy Aikuchi. That one had some nice holes in the handle.

Hi Daniel!I hear the seat belt cutter works! If not, you can grind 'er off!
Tekna... cool.
I like Boker's production of the Nealy Aikuchi. That one had some nice holes in the handle.

Cool! just wondering...

Anything Bud Nealy designs is a favorite!

Yep! Bud is getting some work done on his hands and eyes so... he'll be back at it soon.

Goooood Morning!

Got the day off, and tomorrow as well! Gonna go get some beer in a few minutes. Gonna work on stuff in the garage; knives, guns, slingshots, you know - general mayhem causing tools.

Daniel, my idea for the 1/3 scale rigger is basically the need for a cool work knife. I love my Kershaw skyline, and it gets freakishly sharp, but its a somewhat delicate edge. I always have acouple big deformations in the edge from staples and such. I need something I can pocket, use onehanded, is small and unimposing, and will cut cardboard and tape as well as plastic packaging. The 1/3 scale size will make the edge right about 1.3" long, just about right.

Anyways, off to the races!!

-Xander

You're going to really like my Altoids Tin Knife design. :D

Have a good one! Sounds like a fun day. :D

Hey, Ladies! :D

I'm down in the mineshaft as usual. Playing with a Strider my buddy has me anodizing.

Nope, Rolf. I run a clean mineshaft, sir.

I dunno for Striders. It's pointy and has a metal blade.

Howdeeeeeeey fellas. The 19th(my last day at the bike shop) is getting closer and my boss has yet to find anyone that can turn a wrench.I don't know if I can just leave them hanging but I also don't know if I can stand it much longer.A freind of mine cam over the other day and made a knife for himself.I came out pretty sweet. The grind is a bit off but it cuts . He even ground a swedge on it . Cool lookin' Bowie style . Sorry no pic yet . He will come back over to attach scales ,I will try to get a pic then. It was awesome to see the big smile on his face when he got it to cut.Hope y'all have a good night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back