Fairly Knives Chat - For people who like Knives, have Knives or use Knives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey doodz!

Just wrapped up my first pimp job, banged out after work- My buddy Jose's new Strider.

I spent most of the time sanding that stupid tiger stripe finish off, then I anodized it bronze with brass clip. I made a bullet bar stabilizer, and polished the inside of the blade pivot hole, the bushings till mirrored, and the inside surfaces they ride on the blade and the scales too.

photo_zpsf4efe7d2.jpg

Bako- Strider makes a nice knife, yes?
Hi Kevin. yull do the right thing.
Mornin!!

Mornin.

Kevin,your job is turning wrenches, not hiring new people. Do your job and let the failing be on Jamie. Who made a knife at your house? I hope it wasn't Murph! That's the last thing that guy needs.

Well my goal lately has been to finish up projects that have been sittin around. This is the first one up...

One Trick Pony

I also have a slipjoint of my own design I'm trying to get going, it is close.

Have a good one y'all!

-X

Nope, Rolf. I run a clean mineshaft, sir.

I dunno for Striders. It's pointy and has a metal blade.

I like that model!

Howdeeeeeeey fellas. The 19th(my last day at the bike shop) is getting closer and my boss has yet to find anyone that can turn a wrench.I don't know if I can just leave them hanging but I also don't know if I can stand it much longer.A freind of mine cam over the other day and made a knife for himself.I came out pretty sweet. The grind is a bit off but it cuts . He even ground a swedge on it . Cool lookin' Bowie style . Sorry no pic yet . He will come back over to attach scales ,I will try to get a pic then. It was awesome to see the big smile on his face when he got it to cut.Hope y'all have a good night.

Maybe you can work something out with you newly added extra value. :D I have quit a few kitchen jobs only to come back later for more pay when they needed me. That's a random thought though...

Cool on helping your friend out! :D pics later :D

Bako- Strider makes a nice knife, yes?
Hi Kevin. yull do the right thing.
Mornin!!

Good morning!

Hey doodz!

Just wrapped up my first pimp job, banged out after work- My buddy Jose's new Strider.

I spent most of the time sanding that stupid tiger stripe finish off, then I anodized it bronze with brass clip. I made a bullet bar stabilizer, and polished the inside of the blade pivot hole, the bushings till mirrored, and the inside surfaces they ride on the blade and the scales too.

Killer work!

How's it going guys!

I spent about 6 hours straight working a small abstract soapstone sculpture with hand tools, it came out awesome! pics later when I get it oiled

Good morning y'all. Got the day off . I am going to get started on cleaning out my shop space aaaaaand making a knife tooooooo.If I am stressed out I can start making a knife,it is like meditation for me,something about shaping a piece of steel into a picture in my head that is relaxing.
Bako, nice job on the Strider
Daniel, Yes pics of your sculpture please.
Xander, does that mean you are going to finish that B&T knife ?When you get started on your slipjoint give me a shout.

I tested a tadpole at the local bikeshop.. took it too the bike park and rode it on cement ramps :D they are super fun to ride...

Bako, keep up the ano! Soon TT will have a fresh competitor :)

Thanks for the complliments, guys. I'm trying to pick up a few of the techniques I'll need when my stuff comes back from H20 knife.

Daniel, let's see that sculpture, dude!!!

I tested a tadpole at the local bikeshop.. took it too the bike park and rode it on cement ramps they are super fun to ride...
Pix or it didn't happen:DNeed to borrow my fisheye ? haha
Who made a knife at your house? I hope it wasn't Murph! That's the last thing that guy needs.
NO! Not Murph the smurf! A little back ground for you guys.Murph is the guy who pulled up to my house on a moped and asked me if he could borrow my gun because some people were making fun of him:eek:When I told him NO,he told me I did not have to give him bullets.He just wanted to point it at them:confused:

HAH< no kidding, if I were on it I would have gopro'd the silliness.. ahh well. I suppose it didn't happen :)

I'm buying a bunch o shadetree scales... Hope I can save ONE pair for the O1 knife I've had sitting around for a year... I wish I had more than 30mins at a time... ugh.

Kevin, I just might finish out both B&T knives I have sitting on my bench! Got a good bit of progress done on the One Trick Pony I linked to earlier, its all pinned up and just needs a final finishing. My slip joint is also almost ready for scales. I also need to cut a nail nik in the blade.

Good thing it wasn't Murph! That guy has no concept of actions and consequences. He got jumped by some punks, and to get back he waited in the bed of one guys pick up until he left for work in the morning and whooped dudes ass. He's no joke, severly troubled, but the realist guy I know. He'd make Mike Snody crap in his Gucci's if he came at him.

Todays work was interrupted several times by an insatiable blood thirst, the damn rats in the garage are back! I managed to eliminate 6 in two days with the pellet pistol. Talk about being distracted while grinding, a furry little f***** litterally ran across my feet yesterday! I tagged him with a short bamboo staff I had close by as he ran up the wall to the rafters. He bounced once, turned and starred me down, then took off! It was a juvenile, too. About the size of a large mouse, but huge feet!

This is an adult one I got yesterday with the 1322. The new trigger work I did is making this thing scary! I just think about it and the lead is already down range! Two stage, zero creep, 12oz. pull. The rats don't even know what hit them! You can barely see it but I tagged this female right below the ear, perfect shot! I've been using pointed pellets when shooting the the shop, less mess that way, clean through. The meisterkugeln pellets just make a mess on the back side of the critter.

Dead critter pic

I hate the rats. I'm pretty sure I sot the same rat 3 times today. I confirmed two hits as body shots due to the blood splatter, but the third one I decided to take him out with a head shot right between the ears.

Anyways, guys, don't ever think its ok to flick beer caps across the kitchen and down your wifes cleavage, unless she brings up the idea. But, on the bringht side of things, I di make it! :D. Oh well, sleeping in the shop ain't all that bad, plenty of things to do!

-X

Kevin, I just might finish out both B&T knives I have sitting on my bench! Got a good bit of progress done on the One Trick Pony I linked to earlier, its all pinned up and just needs a final finishing. My slip joint is also almost ready for scales. I also need to cut a nail nik in the blade.

Good thing it wasn't Murph! That guy has no concept of actions and consequences. He got jumped by some punks, and to get back he waited in the bed of one guys pick up until he left for work in the morning and whooped dudes ass. He's no joke, severly troubled, but the realist guy I know. He'd make Mike Snody crap in his Gucci's if he came at him.

Todays work was interrupted several times by an insatiable blood thirst, the damn rats in the garage are back! I managed to eliminate 6 in two days with the pellet pistol. Talk about being distracted while grinding, a furry little f***** litterally ran across my feet yesterday! I tagged him with a short bamboo staff I had close by as he ran up the wall to the rafters. He bounced once, turned and starred me down, then took off! It was a juvenile, too. About the size of a large mouse, but huge feet!

This is an adult one I got yesterday with the 1322. The new trigger work I did is making this thing scary! I just think about it and the lead is already down range! Two stage, zero creep, 12oz. pull. The rats don't even know what hit them! You can barely see it but I tagged this female right below the ear, perfect shot! I've been using pointed pellets when shooting the the shop, less mess that way, clean through. The meisterkugeln pellets just make a mess on the back side of the critter.

Dead critter pic

I hate the rats. I'm pretty sure I sot the same rat 3 times today. I confirmed two hits as body shots due to the blood splatter, but the third one I decided to take him out with a head shot right between the ears.

Anyways, guys, don't ever think its ok to flick beer caps across the kitchen and down your wifes cleavage, unless she brings up the idea. But, on the bringht side of things, I di make it! :D. Oh well, sleeping in the shop ain't all that bad, plenty of things to do!

-X

Old Murph sounds pretty scary.
I would love to introduce him to some of my real blood family members here in the knife shop
deezee_zps7e5d3cd3.jpg

amyspace6_zpsa4215525.jpg

jason_zpsfc89660a.jpg

[video=youtube;DAUjduzlLXI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAUjduzlLXI[/video]

Ummm... just keep that Murph dude away from here! :D

Mike those guys look scary too! I like that knife...

What's going on guys!

Snody, looks lik you can trust those guys, that's always good. Murph is a a cool dude, but sometimes you just don't know what he's about to do. We don't give him knives or anything. He can't be trusted to not have an alterior motive! Anyways, keep it real. Respect.

Morning y'all!

Headed out to the shop in a minute to finish up that Puma slip joint rebuild. Its turning out to be a cool little knife. I almost prefer the single blade configuration to the jack.

-Xander

That 'ole cowboy song reminds me of my old Marine neighbor. Some days he'd crank country music and other days he'd crank ACDC!
Yoah!!

Just ordered some 3/8" ID carbon fiber tubing to sleeve my 3/8" OD titanium tubing.

Gonna anodize, then flare the ends of the tube around 1/2" lengths of ti and make lanyard beads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back