Fairly Knives Chat Thread!!!

Hey boys, what's the good word?! Weekend plans?

Me? Why thanks for asking! Coffee and blade forums this morning. A couple hours in the shop. Gonna play some with my daughter this afternoon. Then my wife and I get an actual date tonight, dinner reservations and everything!)

I have two amazing planks of nicely figured, curly Koa I brought home from Hawaii. I painted the ends to seal them and then put them inside an air duct in my house. They have been gently baking in there for 3 months - should be good and dry now! I'm going to process them into blocks and send 'email out for stabilizing. Can't wait!

OK, Daniel!
Go get lot's O supplies!!

No joke! I have about 5' of packed snow here now! We are expecting 2' this weekend and it looks like we got about 8" last night.

man that thunderstorm and lightning show last night over my area woke me up. Pouring cats and dogs giving Norcal drought relief that we have been missing.

Got my electric kettle to do some pour over coffee and my new horsehide wallet :D

Good you guys are getting some rain!

We made coffee that way when I lived on a boat, good stuff. Horsehide rocks, I want a belt made from it.

Good to see you here!

"Spare" or "extra" money don't exist, especially if the wife and kid know about it. :p

Although, I am looking really hard to that chopper!

-X

Get to the choppa! :D I'm surprised I still have it. If any of you guys want it just PM me, special price for you! :D

Hey boys, what's the good word?! Weekend plans?

Me? Why thanks for asking! Coffee and blade forums this morning. A couple hours in the shop. Gonna play some with my daughter this afternoon. Then my wife and I get an actual date tonight, dinner reservations and everything!)

I have two amazing planks of nicely figured, curly Koa I brought home from Hawaii. I painted the ends to seal them and then put them inside an air duct in my house. They have been gently baking in there for 3 months - should be good and dry now! I'm going to process them into blocks and send 'email out for stabilizing. Can't wait!

Cool idea on the wood! I have loads everywhere, you'd think I used a lot or something! lol That Koa will be nice.

Nice on the plans too! have a good one!

Knives and snow here! Mostly snow today...

20 miles from here! Check the bottom cam, that is a large highway. http://www.keno.org/colorado_web_cams/silverton_cams.htm Silverton, CO... the town has a gate on the highway and you can not leave at night as the road is that dangerous!

I have a few knives available, you guys let me know if you need anything! RF3, Pocket Cleaver and Big Chopper!

D, sounds like it's time to sharpen those edges and wax that board!
Have a killer day y'all!

Same here Rolf! I have my truck parked for the Winter and the snow is now up to the roof on it, lol had to shovel it even. Once I was done I was standing at roof level shoveling uphill. Crazy build up here!

Yo, D. You ever built a igloo?:snowman::snowman::snowman:

been electroplating Fe onto Cr substrates lately, i might try my hand at anodizing since i got a power supply at work now. I can make blue everything.

Hopefully everyone is doing well.

YO! Good to see you guys!

I just got done shoveling... :)

I'm glad the last week is over, my Mom was in the hospital for all sorts of stuff... happy she got released and is feeling a bit better. She may have had a heart attack and they don't even know. MS sucks!

Dr here for me too again yesterday, I thought I still had Giardia and wanted to clear it up but the Dr. now thinks it is something else. Let's hope I have an ulcer!

Knives are going really well! I have a white RF3 Wharncliffe variation ready to go and available, will get some pics up here! I also have lots of Kwaiken orders in the works and coming up soon.

Anybody interested in a small run of fixed blades? 7.75" total length 3/16" thick CPM-3V blade with chisel grind, sandblasted contoured micarta scales (OD green, black or tan) stonewashed finish? I might take it old school! I'm working on pricing but they will be inexpensive.

Geez, Daniel! Hang in there. You and mom need to take care.
PLEASE re-read THAT book!
Hi DFerz!

Back