Fiddleback User Weekend May 5-7, Hiawassee, GA - Schedule Posted

Myself and the girlfriend would like to attend! This sounds like a great time. Will we be able to buy/sell/trade stuff?

Great, are you confirming to reserve 2 spots? There will be knives available for sale and feel free to bring any or all from your collection as well.

This sounds like a real hoot Justen. Wish I could make it up for the event. I could even show you guys how to forge a short spear using a campfire, hammer, a rock and effect a credible heat treatment all in two beers time.
Let me know if you don't get a full roster, I might be able to adjust a few things.

You coming to Andy's on Sat (Guild meeting)?

Carl, you should definitely come. RLO will be there too and you can either give a lesson in forging from the campfire or set up in my barn. I'll be at Andy's on Saturday morning. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it on Friday.

Well, I went from being sure I couldn't make this happen to purchasing plane tickets in a little under a week. :D

Looks like I'm headed to Georgia! Pretty excited about being able to make this trip work, never been to GA before... :thumbup:

Well, I went from being sure I couldn't make this happen to purchasing plane tickets in a little under a week. :D

Looks like I'm headed to Georgia! Pretty excited about being able to make this trip work, never been to GA before... :thumbup:

Awesome!

Nice! :thumbup:

I asked the wife if she'd like to try separating for the month of May. She hasn't spoken to me all week for some reason

I asked the wife if she'd like to try separating for the month of May. She hasn't spoken to me all week for some reason

Maybe she's practicing the 'separation thing' ahead of time, with an eye towards May...?

:D

Meanwhile, I've been readin' up.
whistle.gif~original

~ P.

Wish I could make it out for this. Sounds like loads of fun, both in the learnin' and the goofin'.

Wish I could make it out for this. Sounds like loads of fun, both in the learnin' and the goofin'.

Yes Sir, lots of Learnin' and goofin', but not necessarily in that order. You should just hop on with Orion and come on down. We still have 6 spots left and for everyone who has signed up please send me an email this week and I'll get a distribution list together to start sending out the details. It occurred to me last night while working on this map to mention that we do have a honey house on the property and several hives. In all my years there I do not know of anyone who has been stung, but if you are coming and have allergies, please plan accordingly. For those interested, below is a lay of the land.

dcf19bdb7e520621500e1512ca285a1f.jpg

Bump for anyone who may have missed this thread and an update for those who are attending. CREX will be bringing his portable forge, which we will set up in the barn for the weekend. This will be a great opportunity to get some great one on one instruction with a true master craftsman. Also, Exotac http://www.exotac.com will be representing another great GA company and founder Rob Falkenhayn is planning on attending with a myriad of their products. There are still a few spots left, so don't hold out if you have been on the fence.

SG

Last edited:
Back