First close up Look,New Kershaw: Thermite #3880 (SPANTO INSIDE!)

Great looking knife. Been curious about the Spanto design, and this seems like an opportune way to try it. This collaboration between KAI and Hinderer has produced some fantastic knives.

+1 on Sandvik
I'd really prefer that
but I'll definitely take a good look at this one

I've come to a realization that this knife is my favorite out of the line up that ZT/Kershaw came out with this year at SHOT 2013. Must put an order on it ASAP.

Can someone who has handled this tell us if there is a detent hole cut in the blade to correspond to the detent ball on the frame lock?

Speed safe is cool, but simply removing the torsion bar to make it a manual flipper would probably be my preference.

Awesome looking blade! Definitely on my list! I don't get the whole "wish it was made in the US" thing. Unless you don't buy anything foreign and only buy US, which is pretty much impossible in this day and age, why let it bother you.

Can someone who has handled this tell us if there is a detent hole cut in the blade to correspond to the detent ball on the frame lock?

Speed safe is cool, but simply removing the torsion bar to make it a manual flipper would probably be my preference.

Agreed. But I'll buy one regardless.

I too hope that there is a detent on the Thermite. It seems like I'm going through the torsion bars like paper towels...

I reuse my paper towels for progressively dirtier purposes.

I actualy think I like this thermite better than the 0566, it's longer and looks more like Hinderer's knives. I think the 566 is confirmed de-assistable, I hope they make the thermite that way too.

I'm excited about this one. I've been wanting to try a spanto for awhile, and this is the perfect opportunity.

Just put my preorder up on GPknives!!! I'm really excited about this, it's going to be my beater knife. I hope it looks like the prototype with the non decal stonewash blade.

i hope it is drilled for a detent and has bronze bushings if it does iam buying alot of these same with the new rj martin design one.

+1 on Sandvik
I'd really prefer that
but I'll definitely take a good look at this one

Is there really much difference in performance between Sandvik and 8cr? They both are seen as analogous to AUS8. I think the choice of steel has more to do with suppliers than performance. Sandvik, would probably make a Chinese manufactured knife much more expensive since it would have to be shipped over there.

Is there really much difference in performance between Sandvik and 8cr? They both are seen as analogous to AUS8. I think the choice of steel has more to do with suppliers than performance. Sandvik, would probably make a Chinese manufactured knife much more expensive since it would have to be shipped over there.

This should help you visualize the differences... http://tinyurl.com/bxnoxnq

Back