Flea Market finds

Some great finds on here! Since the first of the year I don't believe I've passed a flea market without stopping to check out the knives. In all of those stops I found not one that was of interest to me. Last Friday, in a part of the state I don't frequent, I happened by a small flea market I have never been in before and .... well, you know.... stopped when my wallet got mad....
I did manage to get these before I was busted. :D DSC_0204.JPGDSC_0207.JPGDSC_0208.JPGDSC_0209.JPGDSC_0211.JPG

nice ones. you were very lucky... i seldom see campers for sale at flea mkts. for a decent price or at any price for that matter.

I'm in love with the bottom two...wow! The Primble can opener is one I've never seen!!
Thanks chuko and markv! Thanks Gev, yes I also had never seen one of those. Seems someone had decided to start selling off his collection a few at a time and had brought those in 2 days before I happened by. ...Ahhhh.....glorious timing..... And I shall return. :D

This Colonial Forrest Master cost me $15 bucks but I'm liking it so far :)
I'd like to get it rehandled (I know it's a cheap knife but I'm afraid to do it myself and I'd like to hold onto it considering it's the first traditional in my collection so it's got sentimental value to me.
0BB480D8-CE84-4555-8A6B-6DF93D858842_zpsj9bkseuo.jpg

Anyone know a good person to have do my handles? I'd appreciate any suggestions
Polynikes, in my biased opinion, you made the buy of a lifetime!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
My first knife ever, back in about 1960, was a Colonial Forest-Master, and it may still be my favorite knife. It certainly is my most influential knife; almost every knife feature that I'm drawn to can be traced back to my Forest-Master. Indulge me while I post a pic:
pXfUE8S.jpg

Not a flea market, but I was recently visiting my Dad and we were in his basement / shop, which is better than a flea market. He casually mentioned, "I found a couple of old pocket knives if you want them." He knew what response that would get!

In an old cigar box full of keys, there were two smallish knives, one a "well-loved" Western 292, with the blades almost sharpened away. The other was a Case 6269 9-dot (1971) Half Congress in red bone.
C0D54CF3-13EC-4233-84E7-F592BC3068E4_zpsjz1ghzlh.jpg

The Case cleaned up nicely! There is some spotting on the stainless blades that won't come off and the edge is non-existent, but once sharpened up, it will definitely go into my carry rotation.
Congrats on both, Ratbert, but that Case half-congress is special. :thumbsup: I was fortunate enough to win one of those not so long ago in a leghog GAW, and it's been on my desk at work ever since so I can look at it often.

Some great finds on here! Since the first of the year I don't believe I've passed a flea market without stopping to check out the knives. In all of those stops I found not one that was of interest to me. Last Friday, in a part of the state I don't frequent, I happened by a small flea market I have never been in before and .... well, you know.... stopped when my wallet got mad....
I did manage to get these before I was busted. :D View attachment 708885View attachment 708886View attachment 708887View attachment 708888View attachment 708889
Fodderwing, that's incredible!! :eek: What a major score!! :thumbsup:
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/05/spanish-commentator-liga-mx-title-long-gol-goal-call

- GT

Polynikes, in my biased opinion, you made the buy of a lifetime!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
My first knife ever, back in about 1960, was a Colonial Forest-Master, and it may still be my favorite knife. It certainly is my most influential knife; almost every knife feature that I'm drawn to can be traced back to my Forest-Master. Indulge me while I post a pic:
pXfUE8S.jpg

Congrats on both, Ratbert, but that Case half-congress is special. :thumbsup: I was fortunate enough to win one of those not so long ago in a leghog GAW, and it's been on my desk at work ever since so I can look at it often.

Fodderwing, that's incredible!! :eek: What a major score!! :thumbsup:
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/05/spanish-commentator-liga-mx-title-long-gol-goal-call

- GT
Thank you very much GT, I appreciate it.

pXfUE8S.jpg

Gary, those old camp knives are awesome and were such a part of many a boyhood in Scouts or just playing in the woods. Influential indeed!

Back