Flea Market finds

I was in a big flea market in NE on Memorial day. A guy who sold me a folk art mink board last year, sees me lookin at his knives and wants to know if I am interested in some others. What's on the table is for the "general public" the good stuff is in the truck.

Long story short he had two gerstal chests and a large tackle box full of NIB winchesters, Case, cammilus, etc. He also had 4 Jody Muller customs (one was a traditional straight knife), a Dozier hunting knife...and an icon.

He had a pre-WWII Randall. It looks like a scagel and has a pinned tang. It was heavily used but in excellent condition with the orignal sheath (~1/4" cut off the top) and it was still useful. I could not believe such an iconic knife was at a flea market and I got to handle it.

He let me and my buddy root through his boxes w/o supervision and we were flabbergasted at it all. We must look trustworthy, although there was an automatic holstered in the cab of the truck. :)

Not what you expect in any flea market, especially one 50 miles from anything called a city.

I found a real sweet Moki slipjoint on a neck lanyard to be worn. It was about 2" pearl with abolone inlays on one side and stainless on the other (skin side?). Perfect for one of my ladies. It goes for about 65 and I got it for 35. It was sucked in by my 19yo who wears it around her neck to work.

I didn't have the $ so I never asked if the Scagel was for sale, but even though it was a flea market, he knew value. I found the same from others at the same market. Last year there was a Richtig and a presto switchblade, both a little bit cheaper than internet, but not by much.

I also picked up a Gerber Silver knight, 2" for $5. It was sharp and only needed a cleaning.

Not a bad day at the flea market.

Remington, I guess it had a bail? at one time.

I really like this Fightin' Rooster gunstock club knife.

Good lordy, that's a nice group!

Thanks Mark. I like those deep blade etches. 300 club knives in 1980? That seems like a lot! I guess the engraved 300 near the tang means this was the last one made? The tang stamp has Frank Buster's name on it, I was just reading about him, kind of a character.

Great gunstock and remy. The little Colonial? looks nice with the bottle opener. The Buster looks unused. Way to go!

Nice finds sir! :) I particularly like the Gunstock too :thumbup:

Jack

Came across this today. It's a 1961 Belknap Hardware catalog. This catalog has everything...But...Check out the pocket knife section. How about those display cases!
Plus a bonus! Knife magazines from the mid 1970's through mid 1980's.:D

WOW - nice find Mark - that 3 panel case was expensive, even for 1961 !!! :eek::eek::)

Did you find this catalog at a flea market there in Louisville? :confused:

I suspect that catalog was probably used on the Belknap floor, what do you think?? :)

I got a second Cattaraugus catalog (circa 1930) and a old Primble knife box this week, but, not from a flea market. ;)

What a goldmine, Mark!! I bet your having a ball turning pages on the catalog!! What a great piece of history. Thanks for sharing it with us! Hope to see more.

4524 pages! That's a lot of page turnin'! This will keep me busy for a while.

Primble, the large case is $2764.13 including 1/2 dozen of about 65 different items.

I believe this was used by wholesale customers because it shows things like the display cases and it shows prices for items by the dozen, etc.

This was actually a Craigslist find. There are lots of treasures to be found on there if you don't mind the hassles that can come from it and dealing with sketchy people sometimes.

Fantastic find, congratulations :thumbup:

Back