For you, what is THE best SAK

The mechanic is working superb for work. The first day at the job I left my 5 in 1 painters tool in the garage, and I was upstairs on the third floor. I needed to open some paint cans, and take some outlet covers off, the mechanic handled the rest.
But I also throw the classic in my other front pocket. I had a hang nail on my finger that was annoying the crap out of me, luckily the classic has those small scissors. It's a great feeling having tools at your fingertips at all times.

If I could pick only one for eternity, it would be a alox soldier/wenger SI.
However, I enjoy carrying my new OH trekker and spartan as well.
The tinker was my first and I have carried that model the longest over the years.

The best one is the one you have with you... they are all quite useful in a pinch!

Exactly. That's why the cadet is my #1. I'm pretty minimalist when it comes to gear (hate uncomfortable things in pockets), and used to never EDC a SAK on a regular basis (some knives were much slimmer). One day I picked up a cadet, and have yet to carry another SAK/knife since. For the weight/utility, the cadet is second to none (plus it looks amazing and screams quality). Overall best SAK I own (and may ever own). The alox soldier/pioneer is a close second, but still not as comfortable to carry (talking EDC, not robustness).

--
b4b

Always been a fan of the supper tinker (gift from my wife, she loves having the scissors, or shall I say loves having me carry around a knife with scissors that she can borrow) but at my day to day office job I love the 84mm styles. I love the thinness of the alox cadet and the simplicity of the classic celluloid recruit. The recruit can also be had at most big box hardware stores for around $15(US). Great knife for a great value.

I've picked up the farmer just last week.

It's been so great I've actually sold most of my other knives....

My favorite Swiss style Army Knife is a CEM model made in Maniago, Italy. It has a tool that no SAK offers, namely a curved jaw, flush cutting, cuticle nipper. It is perfect for trimming skin tags and hang nails. View attachment 432035

I couldn't pick one. It's either between the Climber, Super Tinker, Compact, or SwissChamp.

Currently, it's the Super Tinker at work, the Compact for EDC, and the SwissChamp/Climber combo, for international travel.

I can't pick just one. Of the four I own, the Classic and Alox Pioneer are ALWAYS with me.

Various larger single-blade folders are also part of the daily rotation.

Cellidor---without a doubt the Super Tinker for me. ALOX---Solider/Pioneer for the win;):thumbup:

Paul

I have an older model Huntsman that I have carried since the late 70s. I've broke it twice and repaired it twice. I bought it for the corkscrew after opening a bottle of wine by cutting out the cork. I actually used it on numerous occasions until I got married and my wife had a fancy dedicated corkscrew. But I still find uses for the corkscrew. It has often snagged a wayward O-ring that has fallen into a nook that my finger will not fit into. It is large and somewhat ugly but it is also my edc due to its usefulness.

Been carrying a Bantam for over 20 years. I've glued each side back on at least once. I favor old slipjoints as edc's [Schrade stockmans, jacks] but always have the Bantam on me too for it's screwdriver/opener capability.
I had ordered a replacement[red] 10 years or so ago and it's still in the box until I lose or break the original. Of course after reading this thread I was motivated to purchase an Alox Bantam. I didn't even know they had made such an item.
Anyway that's on it's way.

I also have a dozen or so other SAKs with an Alox Electrician I've carried a lot recently. I love the 2nd sheepsfoot blade on that guy.
I work at a major wholesale warehouse and no one freaks out if I pull out the Bantam to cut an orange or something[seedless?]

Funny but after going on a knife buying spree in the last 2 years it seems I always end up with the Sak still in my pocket.
Harold

The Climber is my favorite followed by the Spartan when the Climber seems too thick.

The Rambler for me, have had one variant in my pocket for the let few years. Perfect EDC for me.

Swisschamp, my first SAK, either in the pocket or belt pouch.

Whenever I carry something else, I tend to need a tool that the 'Champ had. I've carried off and on since about '92.

I have to say that my 32+ year old Passenger is my favorite, considering what she's been through, taking the abuse I gave her over the years, and how well she cleaned up when I decided to pay attention to SAK's and give the Case knives a long and well earned rest in the safe. That said, I am completely smitten over the Alox lineup, specifically the 93mm models (Pioneer & variants). I do like the Cadet, but find it just a tad too small for me, and don't particularly find much use for the nail file... I would love to see a Cadet with a hawkbill blade or an awl in place of the file; call it a Mini-Rancher.

Back