free knife throwing video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rat Finkenstein said:
All I did was repost his link, so he is the one to thank, of course Ralph as well- for making the video;) :thumbup:

I've found all of you guys very helpful whenever I have asked for advice.
I'm not a knife collector or any sort of expert, but I have been interested in throwing knives since I was about 9 (God, that's almost a half century). My brother and I used to play chicken as children until I stuck a pen knife in his calf one day and our mother banned us from doing it again. I tend to suffer from a sort of tennis elbow pain if I throw too much these days. I wonder if Ralph's style would help avoid that problem.
I agree with Ralph that his style is very much like a martial art, and that interests me even more. The way that he throws anything reminded me of a Bruce Lee movie where he used little pencils, I think, to repel a gang of thugs who had come to attack his friends.

Robert

Guys,

Thanks for all the nice comments on the free video. I am hoping that the real deal will be available in June. I'm calling it the "gold edition". And after that, I intend to release a "platinum edition", which will be the gold edition plus new material on advanced skills, information on knife fighting, etc.

As far as tennis elbow and my type of throwing goes, I couldn't tell you. I've never had any problems with it. But I can say that the arm motion for my style is different from that of other styles. My arm motion is pretty much exactly the same as that of a baseball pitcher.

RT

eralphthorn said:
As far as tennis elbow and my type of throwing goes, I couldn't tell you. I've never had any problems with it. But I can say that the arm motion for my style is different from that of other styles. My arm motion is pretty much exactly the same as that of a baseball pitcher.RT

Thanks, Ralph, as far as my tennis elbow pain goes, I suspect that it's just old age and not much will help it, except not using it.
I think I am going to have to order your book and see if the techniques you use can alleviate the condition.

Robert

I don't know if it's still an issue, but I read page 1 and I must suggest you people try out bittorrent. It would be wonderful for distributing this video.

Vivi said:
I don't know if it's still an issue, but I read page 1 and I must suggest you people try out bittorrent. It would be wonderful for distributing this video.

It was more simple on Megaupload, but thanks anyway

Hi,

I am totally new to the sport of knife throwing and just recently bought a book and downloaded Ralph's videos. I must say they are very impressive.

I noticed that Ralph is using several different knives. Does anyone know which throwing knives he uses? I am specifically referring to the throwing knives. thanks

He has been using just about anything that he could get his hands on and modifying them to suit. I recently made him a knife that is not as bulky and designed for his style.
Bobby

I don't know which clips you are referring to, but those mass produced throwing knives with the holes in them and silver duct tape are Smith and Wesson Bullseyes, 12 inch version. They are now discontinued and are expensive, if you can find them at all. I only used them because they were what was cheap and available at the time and I wanted a matching set for video work. I've broken about eight of them. The knives Bobby makes are more expensive but it's worth it, because they outperform cheap mass made knives and they last just about forever, so in the long run you get off cheaper going with the better stuff. but if you want to go the cheap route, you'd be as well off making a knife out of a cheap sword blade as about anything.

Email inbound. I know that you are having difficulties filling orders right now. I am willing to stay in my place in line. Thanks eralphthorn.

Thanks Ralph. You answered my question.

Now I have other questions. First, Bobby could you customize knives for Ralph's throwing style to compliment the techniques taught in his book?

Second, is it possible to use/acquire quality throwing knives that arent so massive? In other words, what should the minimum size be for a throwing knife? I guess my second question is more appropriate for a different thread.

Ralph,

Would you consider the cold steel true flight thrower a good knife for your method? or is it too blade heavy?

I haven't ever seen any Cold Steel knives so I couldn't tell you. But I can pretty much throw anything with a point on it using my technique.

reln said:
Thanks Ralph. You answered my question.

Now I have other questions. First, Bobby could you customize knives for Ralph's throwing style to compliment the techniques taught in his book?

Second, is it possible to use/acquire quality throwing knives that arent so massive? In other words, what should the minimum size be for a throwing knife? I guess my second question is more appropriate for a different thread.

I will only build my knives to use with Ralphs style. Remember, you will not be able to get real far back using 6 inch knives. Ralph has a 9 inch knife of mine and a 14" that I weighted to move the balance point to suit his style. I'll let him give you the pros and cons of small vs larger knives.

Smaller is more accurate, quicker releasing, easier to conceal; bigger is better in every other way, and easier to learn with.

Bobby makes the best knives I've ever seen. The fourteen incher will be in my video.

ert

Hi Ralph, Im in Australia and was hoping there was a chance you could send me a copy of your video. I will be more than happy to send you the money for postage/production.

Cheers

Dan

Hi Dan,

The real full length video should be available in a couple of months or so, so it would be better for you to just wait and check back in then, so you could have the real thing.

ert

I am going to shut the FREE VIDEO thing down. If someone wants to make you a copy, please work that out off line. Ralph needs to get the final product done so that he can try to recoup some of his money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back