GEC Rendezvous and Picnic!

Do they do that? I have a knife I love, but it shipped with a couple issues I'd love to be sorted out.

they most certainly do, last year they fixed a modded 48 for me. usually when the store isnt busy theyll do it. this time theres a 15 and a 77 that needs some minor touching up for me

Sorry if this was relayed elsewhere. Are kids allowed to tour the facility? 9 and 6?

Hope so Rockon75 Rockon75 or my 9 and 6 year olds broke the rules last year. Probably only bringing my oldest this year though as my now 7 year old isn't as interested yet.

If this works out, we would be there Thursday morning. It would be nice to put faces with names, well at least BF names........i think it would be funny if I saw a person there with a 10 year old and said, "you must be Sabercat". My wife would roll her eyes and wonder what she got herself into. I think most know by now, Rockon=Josh. Hope to meet some of you in the flesh.

If this works out, we would be there Thursday morning. It would be nice to put faces with names, well at least BF names........i think it would be funny if I saw a person there with a 10 year old and said, "you must be Sabercat". My wife would roll her eyes and wonder what she got herself into. I think most know by now, Rockon=Josh. Hope to meet some of you in the flesh.

I'm really bad with names, so if everyone could tape a print-out of their avatars to their foreheads, that'd be a huge help.

K thanks!

I'd need a silk screened image of a big hair 1970's guitarist rocking it out=Rockon75.

Although this assumption is false, that s probably an image most people get.

In actuality Rockon75=Josh Rockwell b. 1975, and a friend use to say Rockon Rockwell, when we parted ways. I guess it's a combination of the two.

I'm really bad with names, so if everyone could tape a print-out of their avatars to their foreheads, that'd be a huge help.

K thanks!
Actually, I might do that...kind of. I have hats with my avatar on them, from what was once a serious fantasy football league. I like wild cats, and I designed the logo with the initials of my three kids (S, O, E).

So I'll probably be there Thursday a.m. with my Sabercats hat or my StL Cardinals hat...feel free to introduce yourself if you see a short round guy with either of those caps.

Whether I'm there Thursday or Friday morning, it won't be early enough to get the rendezvous knife.

So really, this might be the only time I ever get to go. How early do people really show up for the knives?
I got there around 8:30 last year, and foolishly thought I had a chance. I believe Chris told me folks were lined up at 5:00am...if I recall correctly.

Educate me! What rule? I was disappointed to realize I'd never be able to justify the cost of those muscle bone roughnecks. I'd love to see that stop.

last year was my first year attending and I missed the knife everyday, thursday, friday and saturday morning. Sold out instantly to the first ones visiting. what people did was line up at night and wait to be first in line, some came with their loved ones and basically got two knives and more. Do this all three nights and youll end up with a few knives. Thing was, they were basically on the bay for a few multiples of the offering price within a week. The rule they were discussing was one to a customer only, so you cant go back and line up multiple times. This would make it fairer for folks of the following days. I was lucky to get one because of wlfryjr wlfryjr , who managed to get to GEC early each morning. A fine souvenir of the trip, one of several for me.

I do not think I will be sleeping out side the GEC plant to get a rendezvous knife. I am sure it will be a special knife and I will be envious of those who do get one, but I am more interested in visiting the factory and seeing the manufacturing process.

It would be nice if GEC could provide enough knives for the expected number of weekend visitors. Some sort of minimal down payment reservation system where you have to collect your knife onsite. If the down payment cost covered the materials I am sure GEC would be able to sell any unclaimed knives from their premises in the coming weeks.

I expect I will find a nice memento of the trip.

,,,Mike in Canada

I do not think I will be sleeping out side the GEC plant to get a rendezvous knife. I am sure it will be a special knife and I will be envious of those who do get one, but I am more interested in visiting the factory and seeing the manufacturing process.

It would be nice if GEC could provide enough knives for the expected number of weekend visitors. Some sort of minimal down payment reservation system where you have to collect your knife onsite. If the down payment cost covered the materials I am sure GEC would be able to sell any unclaimed knives from their premises in the coming weeks.

I expect I will find a nice memento of the trip.

,,,Mike in Canada

I'm going to give it the old college try. I don't care if it's marked "rendezvous" or if it's one of the spare parts knives, I'd just like to grab something while I'm there that's not also sitting on a vendors shelf.

Back