Getting annoying...knife I pick has something wrong!

G'day Tony

I personally would have preferred to have responded via a PT, but since PT's appears to be limited to 1000 characters, I'll reluctantly post my response here :eek:

I wouldn't say I am insulting other areas of the world, but rather making my feelings known for those who are going to put me on ignore. After all they have passed judgement on me so why shouldn't I reciprocate? :D

Before I make further comment, I should point out that we have different temperature scales. You guys use farenheit and we use celcius.

Now back to your comments. What ever gave you the idea that I haven't spent time in the woods of the Snowy mountains during winter with temps below -10 degrees celcius (ie well below the freezing point of water)? It may be that this was in the time when I didn't have a digital camera (ie pre 2005).

Or are you making the erroneous assumption that all of Australia is hot & dry?

As you may have guessed, our snowy mountains are named because they actually receive snow :thumbup:

With regards to experience in rainforrests, are we talking about biomes that have a closed canopy, or are we talking about areas that receive a lot of rain irrespective of whether or not they are classed as tropical rain forrests or temperate rain forrests (whilst I have far more experience in temperate rainforrests that I do in tropical rain forrests, I can honestly say that I still have experience in both :D ).

I hope you are not inferring that I only have experience with outdoor venturing in warm & dry conditions. The post here should be enough to show this is not the case http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=662553

If it's not, then let me know & I'll provide you with some more links :thumbup:

Besides, there's far less snakes & flies during winter :p

Take care Tony, I sincerly hope you & yours have a great Christmass & New years :thumbup:

Kind regards
Mick

Mick, does people's opinion of you here matter that much?

Seriously, what's with all the chest thumping?

Side note: That damnable cat is FREAKING me out.

P.S. to the OP: I'll give you $40 for just the F1. :thumbup:

Last edited:
77777281.gif

This thread has certainly brought out the feelings in some people. Glad I subscribed!

-Nadz

Wow.
Ten pages of theory and opinions when posts with people actually going to the woods get slammed to the bottom of the forum. :(
Amazing. ...guess I'm not helping by posting in it.
Iz

I love these threads, keep up the chest thumping Mick ya make me smile and keep the site interesting !:D

To the Op, don't forget to post pics of ya Ratmandu on the SwampRat forum when ya get it !;):thumbup:

I still don't understand why the OP didn't even try the knives he originally purchased in order to form his own opinion. I'm surprised how seriously this has been taken.. Again, it is entertaining, though.

-Nadz

I have an F1 from knivesshipfree that has a custom handle done by BRKT. I love it. Sweet blade and never had an issue. That said I also have a couple ESEE -4 and ESEE - 5 blades which are awesome too. I don't think you can go wrong with either. They should all handle any normal survival use you can throw at them. Notice I didn't say abuse. Would you throw your kitchen chair at your $1000 big screen TV just to see if it could handle it?! Then use your knife for what it's designed for!

I have an F1 from knivesshipfree that has a custom handle done by BRKT. I love it. Sweet blade and never had an issue. That said I also have a couple ESEE -4 and ESEE - 5 blades which are awesome too. I don't think you can go wrong with either. They should all handle any normal survival use you can throw at them. Notice I didn't say abuse. Would you throw your kitchen chair at your $1000 big screen TV just to see if it could handle it?! Then use your knife for what it's designed for!

The toughness of most flat screen TVs really suck. Forget a kitchen chair, most can't even take a Wii remote.:D

I think that a ratmandu, and a dozier YPS, or an F1 would be a heck of a combination. Especially with a decent folding saw...

What are the "people" saying about your knives now ?

Just post pics of the knives period.

I agree with Kmart. I want to see the said crappy knives. If they are so crappy, you could easily post a pic of them broke after simply shaving some wood, correct?

. . . Notice I didn't say abuse. Would you throw your kitchen chair at your $1000 big screen TV just to see if it could handle it?! Then use your knife for what it's designed for!

Exactly!!!

And what is a 1/4" thick knife designed for? (Then put a nice, high-friction coating on it.) Surely not optimized for cutting. Didn't see many 1/4" thick knives when I worked at a slaughter house. Even the heavy cleavers were under 1/4" - MAYBE 3/16" (Those cleavers could really go to town with a 24" handle.)

I agree with Kmart. I want to see the said crappy knives. If they are so crappy, you could easily post a pic of them broke after simply shaving some wood, correct?

Edited.

Last edited:
kman is either a satire artist of the highest quality or a great example of the stereotypical stupid consumer.

You guys all realize that we're 10 pages deep into a troll thread, right?

-Nadz

OP should go yell at his knives for being bad knives while standing under his bridge

Back