Getting annoying...knife I pick has something wrong!

G'day CA

The internal search function only gives 500 results at a time. If you want to find your first post on Bladeforums you can use the advanced search options to search by date. Or you could choose to list results in ascending order instead of the default descending order.
It has been remiss of me to have not thanked you before this for the advice you have provided :thumbup:

This is something I will remember. :D

Kind regards
Mick

G'day CA

It has been remiss of me to have not thanked you before this for the advice you have provided :thumbup:

This is something I will remember. :D

Kind regards
Mick

Now ya can taunt me with all my past retarded posts !!!:(:thumbdn:

G'day Guyon

Mick, does people's opinion of you here matter that much?

Seriously, what's with all the chest thumping? .....
To be honest, the opinions that some have here really doesn't matter at all. :D

However, since this post will remain publically available for a number of years on the "net", you could say that I have an interest in ensuring that any assumptions that are in error are responded to.

It is beyond me that anything I have posted here (since I signed up) can be considered as chest thumping. :confused:

I would have thought that any forum that claims to be about "Wilderness & Survival skills" would actually value informed opinion and not see it as "chest thumping". :eek:

Or am I wrong here?

Kind regards
Mick

Last edited:
Mick, in that post I quoted, it just seems like you really want people to know your range of experience, skill set, etc.
If you're protecting a brand out of some economic interest, I get it.
Otherwise, I always figure to hell with what other people think, and go out and do what you enjoy.*
That's one reason the OP's posts here are so ridiculous.

*As long as it doesn't involve hurting anybody else, breaking any laws worth keeping, or molesting goats.

G'day Hlee

......Southern Cross- "Why bother with anything, North America is a disneyfied version of Disneyland compared to where REAL MEN roam..."
If you can find your dummy, how about you put it back in.:thumbup:

Kind regards
Mick

G'day Guyon

....If you're protecting a brand out of some economic interest, I get it.
Otherwise, I always figure to hell with what other people think, and go out and do what you enjoy.*
That's one reason the OP's posts here are so ridiculous.

I can honestly say that I don't make a single cent from any brand of any form of equipment that I express an opinion about :thumbup:

I agree about the original post that has started this marathon. Bearing this in mid, please re-read my original post. :D

Kind regards
Mick

Mick I want to add:
I do see your point about desiring an authoritative voice, even on a discussion board that is largely made up of anonymous members. However, there is a difference between speaking from authority about a topic and making oneself (and one's exploits) the topic. In the very recent past, we've seen how a Mr. Payette Rucker has continually strayed too far into the realm of making his exploits the topic of conversation, and the results have not been pretty for him. There is a long running thread in a certain forum that pokes fun at this tendency. Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not comparing your often thoughtful posts regarding bushcraft to PFR's wild embellishments. However, when you engage in pecker measuring contests involving who has the most experience and you rattle off your measurements while belittling the peckers of others, that activity doesn't do much to establish credibility. An authoritative voice, as I see it, is something always best established in context. Not directly. I could stretch the pecker metaphor even further here, but perhaps I shouldn't.... :p

G'day Guyon

Mick I want to add:
I do see your point about desiring an authoritative voice, even on a discussion board that is largely made up of anonymous members......
I wouldn't say I desire an authorative voice, but rather, one that is not dismissed out of hand for no other reason than I don't happen to come from the same country as most that post here :thumbup:

Kind regards
Mick

Would you throw your kitchen chair at your $1000 big screen TV just to see if it could handle it?! Then use your knife for what it's designed for!

When the SHTF, I want to know that my big screen TV can handle the abuse that may arise from a true survival situation. You see when Mr Murphy comes out, things can get ugly and you have to be ready for anything. Now I'm off to tuck my pants into my boots and do some swaggering.

Sorry, I've been reading too many mall ninja threads and find the language hilarious.

On a serious note, I did wonder whether the OP might have started this thread as a ruse to try and sell three non existent best selling knives...

I wouldn't say I desire an authorative voice, but rather, one that is not dismissed out of hand for no other reason than I don't happen to come from the same country as most that post here :thumbup:
"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
You don't present yourself as the voice of experience, but as an insecure child, desperate to prove himself. That, that smug, self-satisfied attitude, and overblown ego that makes you mistakenly think anyone here owes you a response, explanation, or proof of anything, are what negate anything you say, not your location.
There are lots of members here from other countries. Your problem is you, not some imagined bias.

Kman = PFR? Can someone pllleeeaaasse move this to W&C so we can yell PFR and get it off our chests? There hasn't been anything valuable here for three pages. Just southerncross getting upset and very defensive. Mick, no offense, mate, but welcome to the fugging interwebz.

-Nadz

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
You don't present yourself as the voice of experience, but as an insecure child, desperate to prove himself. That, that smug, self-satisfied attitude, and overblown ego that makes you mistakenly think anyone here owes you a response, explanation, or proof of anything, are what negate anything you say, not your location.
There are lots of members here from other countries. Your problem is you, not some imagined bias.

:thumbup::thumbup:

P..F..R..

-Nadz

Quick update. First two knives finally got here. Not impressed with the mail man just putting the parcel down on my front steps. Anyone could have up and walked away with them.

I don't like the F1 handle. Doesn't feel right for me. B1 is very beefy. Both razor sharp.

IMG_1932.jpg

wait, what?

you've been whinging and ranting that there's "something wrong" with knives you hadn't actually received, much less used?:eek:
ok, i'll give you $60 for it.

In all honesty, this was made very clear from the beginning.

Paralysis by analysis. kman may get out and actually use a knife around June 2012. I wish him luck. :thumbup:

I feel bad for everyone who has posted in this thread (with the exception of Mick, as he's getting too butt-hurt). Kman, way to go. You actually finally received your "shitty" knives. Now go outside, disconnect your Internet for a few days, or else someone elses opinion suddenly becomes your own, and go use your knives and get educated before you start another thread like this.

-Nadz

Back