Guru Prototypes arrived today

These are going to be great. It's an excellent design and the perfect size for every day use.

I like them! But I could do without the drilled holes... What is a hybrid washer system? Is it with phosphor bronze/teflon washers? Any idea about the price yet?

Last edited:
The thumb opener will have a washer system with phosphor bronze/teflon washers, and there will also be a version without holes. The flipper version will also get jimping. Hoping they'll be available before Christmas. Fingers crossed.

That sounds just great. For me thumbstud only and no holes! Would look good under the Christmas tree! Any idea about pricing?

Last edited:
I'll more than likely pick one of these up, but I was kind of hoping you guys kept either the small holes or the big holes. Together it's too much but separate, I think would look sweet. You could even do big holes on stud, small on the flipper, or vise versa.

I'm all for lightening up the knife. Holes are good for that. This looks like a great knife. I really like the design.

No holes at all, or only those three big holes!

Last edited:
Is that a big sharpening choil on the blade or is it meant as second finger groove?

I like the holes, unique-ish looks plus lighter weight is a good thing. I'll definitely be interested in picking one of these guys up.

these will be available from dealers december 12. there will be versions with and without holes. msrp will be around $230

thanks for all the support guys!

Great news. I was hoping both versions would be ball bearing, but I'll take the no-holes instead :)

US$ 230,- for thumbstud only with washers would be way to expensive! US$ 135,- would be more realistic...

Back