Guru Prototypes arrived today

Ok I was really feeling the version with the holes, but seeing the clean version really makes me prefer it over the holed one. Ahhh, decisons, decisions.

Wow, just judging by the pictures, these came out excellent!

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

They look great and I like how the area before the edge is sloping up to the edge, not an abrupt drop off that tends to catch on material, nicely done guys!
I agree about the hole thingy too, less holes in the handle the better, but, that's just me. And a flipper, no thumb stud, which can be a problem when sharpening as well as catching on pockets too.
G2

I have the flipper with holes and think it's great. Thought the holes gave it a little more character, different from all the many bead blasted Ti frame locks that Kizer puts out. Good little knife for the money, I think.

They made it...

I would love to make these available to you all, I just don't know the rules

3576230e4f052bee5e8bedc5a9f2537f.jpg

30c423210aa4ec93a5dbf6eea5bfc808.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They made it...

I would love to make these available to you all, I just don't know the rules

They look great! I apologize if I misunderstand your comment, but if you are a Gold member here on the forum you can post them here for whatever you like:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/892-For-Sale-Production-Folders-(Individual)

I'm really stoked about this one and just ordered a thumb stud version for something different. There's a good chance I'll be picking up a flipper version as well.

I have the thumb stud and the flipper versions (no holes.)

My two Gurus and Mini Intrepid are tied as my favorite Kizers.

I've been carrying my Guru for just over a week now (No holes, thumb stud). It's a little bigger than I imagined, kinda like a little cleaver. The ergos are good and the finger choil is very usable. The detent does seem like it was adjusted for a flipper (maybe a little strong), but the blade flies out using the thumb stud. The action is what you'd expect from Kizer's bearing setup - perfection. I think their machined clip works very well, and I definitely prefer it to Kizer's other option.

The fit and finish from Kizer just keeps getting better in my experience. The lock bar is an absolute pleasure to disengage due to the excellent angles and wonderfully finished titanium, giving it a very soft feel, rather than comparatively sharp and uncomfortable like my Gemini. Even the edges where the lock bar was cut from the handle are chamfered with precision.

I love this knife. Thank you Degs!

PS, the clip fits the full size and Mini Intrepid.

Last edited:
In my experience, Kizer produces some of the best lock bars and liner locks in the business.

And I agree -- Kizer keeps raising the bar on fit and finish.

If only Kizer had a USA-located warranty service. That remains as a big difference between Kizer and domestic knife makers.

Received my Guru flipper with no handle holes and it's GREAT!

It has the best flipper action and detent of any Kizer I've had! You can't misfire in any position.

No issues at all. Great EDC blade shape with blade finger choil. The handle is longer than my Mini Bodega and Mini Intrepid but it affords a very comfortable hold including the index finger choil.

The overall design is very clean and uncluttered with just one scale screw and very happy that there are no extra holes on the handle but it means only tip-up right-hand carry.

Scuplted titanium clip, sharp/centered blade with no movement in any direction, steel lock-bar interface, ceramic bearings, etc. all for just $182!

My Guru weighs 4.14 ounces. Blade length is 2.98". Blade thickness is 0.135". Handle length is 4.47".

Last edited:
Back