Home invasion robbery: what would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom, the laws in the UK sound just plain nuts to me.

We seem to follow the UK by about 30 years or so in way of rules and regulations. Is this where we are headed here in the US? If so, may God have mercy on my grandkids.

------------------
Uncle Bill
Himalayan Imports Website
Khukuri FAQ

Albert Einstein once said:

"Nothing is more destructive of respect for the government and the law of the land than passing laws which cannot be enforced. It is an open secret that the increase of crime in this countrty is closely connected with this."

I find it interesting that our government wants to pass laws further restricting the ownership of firearms and other weapons by law-abiding citizens, yet is unable (or unwilling) to enforce the laws already on the books regarding the use of weapons by criminals. Bottom line, our government coddles the criminal yet, at the same time, is hell-bent to ensure that law-abiding citizens are without the means to defend themselves against the scum that the government itself cannot control. There is something very wrong with this picture.

[This message has been edited by Steven F (edited 01-07-2000).]

I think that most governments today could in truth be said to be kleptocracies. A kleptocracy, if I remember my Greek(think it is this language) correctly, is "government by thieves". Considering what goes on here in Canada and what I hear from the US, I'm not surprized.

Harry

As per the advice of a law enforcement friend:

Have an escape route planned ahead with your family for home invasions or fire.

Use your gun to help you escape an invasion, and shoot to kill when you do actually shoot, but get out if you can even if you have a gun.

Your gun sends bullets out but can't stop incoming ones. Don't stay and shoot it out with them -- you and your family's lives aren't worth that tragedy tp protect your material belongings. They can be replaced, you and your family members can't.

Escape first, engage only if no choice...

~B.

------------------
Suburbia: Where they tear out the trees, then name streets after them.

Yvsa:

"...the best ya can hope for is they're anemic..."

I know anemia is when there's a low level of iron in the blood. I forget what they call a high level of lead in the ( three letter word for posterior ).

Off topic a bit, has anyone actually fired one of those 12 ga flamethrower loads sold under the name "dragon's breath" at night?

------------------
How many roads must a man walk down before he admits that he's lost?

Hey Rusty, I have! Next time I do it I will wear some dark, dark sun glasses! I shot it in a 45 degree angle in pitch dark. My friends and I were blind for almost 40 minutes. If you nailed someone with it, it would mess them up as well as your house. By the way could you get some? They are illegal here in the peoples republic of Kalifornia.

Broke - it's been a while, so I can't swear they still have them, but this is where I saw them last. It's conveniently located about a mile up Virginia Street from Uncle Bill's place. Let me know and maybe I can make it up to Reno, it's only 2 1/2 hours from my place.

http://www.guntrdr.com/

The Gun Trader
467 E. Plumb Lane Plaza
Reno, NV 89509

(775) 786-4447

email - john@guntrdr.com

------------------

:
Well little Brother Of Steel That Burns Slowly,otherwise known as Rusty.I have a Very High Level of lead in my three letter word for posterior due to being almost 60 and somewhat lazy.
People just tell me I am well Rounded and Grounded.(VBESEG)
biggrin.gif

Otherwise I think someone with an overload of lead in the arse would be dead.

My Old Man said that "rock salt" burned like the blazes when shot with it from a 12 guage when caught stealing watermelons.
smile.gif

------------------
>>>>---¥vsa---->®

If you mix milk of magnesia with vodka and orange juice do you get a phillips screwdriver?

Khukuri FAQ

Thanks Russ for that information. I use to see those Dragon's breath in the Shotgun News. I haven't seen it lately. I have seen some dealers (mostly out of state ones) at the gun show selling some flechette shotgun rounds and one that contained two lead balls attached to each other by a cable! I think they call it bolo rounds. One thing about those Dragon's breath, don't use it in semi-auto (gas operated) shotguns. The gas system will get clogged up fast. Pumps and side by side shotguns work fine.

I just finished talking to one of my friends. He had to take action on a gang member. After finishing his Saturday shopping this morning, he got home to find a gang member trying to open his gun safe! He warned the intruder to get out and the punk pulled out a Raven .25 auto. So, my friend ran to his bed room and grabbed his Browning made hunting bow! He took out one of his arrows on his quiver and prepared to fire. The punk ran into the bedroom after him and was shocked to see my friend pointing the bow at him. My friend told him to get out and the punk laughed. He began to raise the .25 to shoot my friend, and my friend shot the punk with an arrow (field point on the arrow, not his broad head tip)! The punk fell to the floor staring at the arrow in his stomach. My friend called 911 and the local police showed up with EMS. The local cops were surprised to see that someone would use such an old type of weapon for home defense. All of my friends firearms were locked up at that time. Now, my friend will have to go to court and wait for his bow and arrow(held for evidence) until this case gets cleared in court. Good guys: 1 , bad guys: 0.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Broken Arrow (edited 01-09-2000).]

It says so much that the average punk, when confronted with resistance, is first incredulous, and then enraged that the "whitebread" he's been living off of, is flagrantly violating all the rules. See, the rules apply to us, but never to him.

It just hit me: L.A.'s Koreatown, where store owners quelled the last riots with just the kind of firearms that have now been outlawed, is now legally stripped of it's best defenses. The only reason Las Vegas had some rioting is the the polution of Nevada attitudes by the horde of Angelenos moving there and overwhelming the locals. North of Vegas absolutely nothing happened. Within the last ten years in Hawthorne we've had the County Sheriff saying that any gang bangers who hit Hawthorne would not leave town alive.
Anyway, I know that I was not the only one in Mineral County to keep extra firepower ( in my case a legal Thompson ) behind the truck seat during the riots.

I've gotten really garrulous this last week. But what I meant to say before I got off on a tirade was that I'll now be looking for a few used 40-50 pound bows. Well, I'd buy new if I paid cash and they didn't know who I was. So far they haven't made serial #s and registration required for bows and swords. So far.

BA, give your friend some broadheads.

------------------

Don't kid yourself, Rusty; once the guns have gone, it'll be swords, knives, bows... Over here in the UK, influential members of the ruling Labour party are already calling for a ban on swords, and some kind of anti-knife law's been on the cards for a few years now (only they haven't been able to figure out how to word the law). Broadheads have been illegal over here for about 12 years; crossbows are likely to be banned within the next 5 years. The Labour party has stated that its long-term policy is to ban anything "made or adapted for use as a weapon"

Not that any of this matters worth a damn; since even if I'm allowed to keep a khuk or a hammer or an ax-handle, I'll probably go to jail if I use it to defend myself, as previously noted.

Sorry to keep on like a cracked record, guys; but unlike us, you still have a few rights left to protect. Learn from our mistakes, or go the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back