Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it and will not purchase knives with it

• I dislike it to the point I will not consider future CRK

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
CRK's grease is good up to 500*F, an autoclave is ~121*C (250*F) so it should be fine. :) Go use your Sebenza for surgery!

No can do ghostrider- The "Idaho Made" makes it unworthy :D

I hope when a final decision is made to either keep it as is, move it somewhere else, or eliminate it altogether; that CRK will come on the forum and let us know and explain the reasoning behind the decision so we can put this to rest.

Stop playing with the numbers to justify your opinion.

51.2% of voters said that the Idaho Made stamp won't stop them from buying a knife. That's a majority. Obviously not a very good one, but a majority nonetheless.

:)
To see the above results interpreted like this and "don't play with numbers" in the same post really made me smile.

If I was a manufacturer and saw the above poll results I'd read them like this: over 83% of the voters don't like a feature I just added to my product, and it's a feature that costs me money (stamping it on the handle can't be cheaper than not stamping it).
No brainer.

To see the above results interpreted like this and "don't play with numbers" in the same post really made me smile.

If I was a manufacturer and saw the above poll results I'd read them like this: over 83% of the voters don't like a feature I just added to my product, and it's a feature that costs me money (stamping it on the handle can't be cheaper than not stamping it).
No brainer.

Yep, that is how I'd read it also. It would also cause me to pause and reconsider the decision of adding the stamp. Why not stamp/mark the blade in some way like custom makers? I'm just glad there is no shortage of unmarked CRK's on the secondary market ;)

yep, that is how i'd read it also. It would also cause me to pause and reconsider the decision of adding the stamp. Why not stamp/mark the blade in some way like custom makers? I'm just glad there is no shortage of unmarked crk's on the secondary market ;)

go clemson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think some are being way too hard on the stamp !!! That wood inlay josh posted looks sooo sweeeeet even with the stamp !!!

Stop playing with the numbers to justify your opinion.

51.2% of voters said that the Idaho Made stamp won't stop them from buying a knife. That's a majority. Obviously not a very good one, but a majority nonetheless.

Playing with the numbers? Of the 84% of the people who said they "disliked" the stamp (meaning they chose option 2, 3, or 4 in the poll), the majority of that 84% said they wouldn't buy a knife with it. That's a fact. I didnt play with any numbers :confused:

For example, right now, 349 people dont like the stamp (chose option 2, 3, or 4). Of those 349 people, 146 say they'll still buy a knife with the stamp, even though they don't like it. Thus, the other 203 people who say they dislike the stamp say they will NOT buy a CRK knife with the stamp. So of the 349 people that say they do not like the stamp, 58% of them won't buy with it, and 42% will.

So, how is my original statement of "So just about 84% of people in the CRK forum do NOT like the Idaho Made marking (most of which have said they will not buy a knife with the marking).", playing with numbers? It was, and is, 100% accurate.

Plus, I don't really care about my opinion, or what CRK does. I already have a Sebenza 21, and I'm not buying another unless I lose this one. I don't "collect" multiple versions of the same knife, like some of you do.

Go ahead, CRK... Stamp away! :p

Not to sound harsh, but honestly, I could care less what CRK pumps out over the next few years, or what you guys buy or dont buy. ;) I've bought 1 new knife in the last 4 years. So my opinion shouldn't matter that much to CRK anyways. :thumbup:

I was just stating pure numbers and being involved in the forum. :D

No brainer.

+1. that's all i was stating. The business is increasing the cost of a product for a result that 83% of my customers don't like anyways. No-brainer for me, too.

You Sebenzanatics could get inked - like crossed Sebenzas with an IDAHO MADE rocker right below. Show your loyalty...and all. :D

Crazy that a little mark makes a huge deal! Would it change if it said usa made?

i don't know why this has to be, or seem like such a big deal. It's just a bunch of fans discussing their likes and dislikes... right?

but to answer the above question, for me personally, my favorite sebenza is plain. I love it's simplicity, so No, it won't make a difference to me if it said USA Made vs. Idaho Made. The CR symbol alone is perfect as the only mark on the handles IMO.

THis just stinks. I saw and held a Sebenza for the first time earlier this year and figured it would make a perfect Christmass gift for myself. I was really close to purchasing the Large Sebenza last week but I really liked the knives without the stamp. I just can not bring myself to spend the $$$ when they looked classier before the stamp. I can understand making changes to improve the knife but this is not a improvement. This knife was perfect in every way before the stamp.

Does anyone know if I can order a knife direct from CR without the stamp?

THis just stinks. I saw and held a Sebenza for the first time earlier this year and figured it would make a perfect Christmass gift for myself. I was really close to purchasing the Large Sebenza last week but I really liked the knives without the stamp. I just can not bring myself to spend the $$$ when they looked classier before the stamp. I can understand making changes to improve the knife but this is not a improvement. This knife was perfect in every way before the stamp.

Does anyone know if I can order a knife direct from CR without the stamp?

You can not order direct from CRK without the stamp.

To Mr Reeve,

In my opinion it does indeed ruin the aesthetics and to such a degree that I will not be purchasing a sebenza or any other product with the new "Idaho Made" stamp in it's current location.

According to the poll, nearly half of those who have voted share my views.

I would have preferred it to be somewhere less obtrusive, such as the inside or on the bottom edge of the titanium handles. Unfortunately at such a price point, I'm unwilling to compromise on what I want for my purchase.

I would ask you to reconsider the placement.

I'm still one of the many who admire and respect your product and your company. I wish you the best.

I apologize if I offended anyone – that was not my intent.

Chris Reeve Knives is, and always has been, a different company. When I introduced the Sebenza in 1988 while we were still in South Africa, I was told by some people that the mechanism was great but the knife was ugly. But it broke new ground; we have won many awards because it grew on people and more and more people liked it.

I am the one who is responsible for the wording and the placement. I did it to be different and to be noticeable because (1) I am proud that our knives are made, not only in the United States but in the beautiful State of Idaho and (2) we are one of the few knife companies left that are completely USA made, and with US materials.

We have produced a couple hundred handles in various models that need to be assembled and sold. Suggestions of where “Idaho Made” should be positioned will be considered. It is important that this should be engraved to safeguard the integrity of your knives going forward. There are many Chinese knockoffs, the quality of which is improving all the time.

We appreciate your interest in our knives but you must realize that we are human too!

Chris

To Mr Reeve,

In my opinion it does indeed ruin the aesthetics and to such a degree that I will not be purchasing a sebenza or any other product with the new "Idaho Made" stamp in it's current location.

According to the poll, nearly half of those who have voted share my views.

I would have preferred it to be somewhere less obtrusive, such as the inside or on the bottom edge of the titanium handles. Unfortunately at such a price point, I'm unwilling to compromise on what I want for my purchase.

I would ask you to reconsider the placement.

I'm still one of the many who admire and respect your product and your company. I wish you the best.

We have produced a couple hundred handles in various models that need to be assembled and sold. Suggestions of where “Idaho Made” should be positioned will be considered.

If Chris does indeed move the stamp or even have a new logo designed - something classy - I'd be more than happy to own a couple more of his folders.

I was able to find a new one floating around at a dealership w/o the stamp on it. Very nice! The quote you posted gives some hope that he may reconsider the placement and even the design of the trademark that he feels is so desperately needed.

I just received my first CRK today. Never felt one, never seen one in person and WOW is it a sweet knife!

Mine was born 12-10-10 and has the new Allen screws and the IDAHO MADE stamp on the back side. I was hoping that it didn't have it, but when I saw it, it wasn't that big of deal. I wasn't disappointed at all honestly. Even though I was hoping that it didn't have it, I'm more than satisfied overall with the knife.

I just wish the lanyard spacer would stay in without needing the actual lanyard to hold it in. I like the blue spacer, but not a fan of lanyards. But it's a minor minor thing ;)

I just wish the lanyard spacer would stay in without needing the actual lanyard to hold it in. I like the blue spacer, but not a fan of lanyards. But it's a minor minor thing ;)

I believe you should be able to remove the lanyard and still have the lanyard pin held in place by the "shoulders" of the pin on a Sebenza.

Only the Umnumzaan has a pin that requires that the lanyard is attached to be held in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back