It followed me home (Part 2)

I probably got to see 1/2-2/3 of it. I was walking and seeing as much as I could for 6-7 hours. It's overwhelming. Fun day but my feet hurt. I passed on so much. Some I just missed/never saw because the place is so big, lots had silly pricing. But happily there were deals to be had. I paid $215 for everything. Funny thing, that hammer may pay for most of it.

That was a neat double (with red paint). Saw it and passed on it. Amen on the silly pricing. Asked someone about a rusty old Maine / wedge pattern on a little handle at Hertans and he said $45.

modest finds at Brimfield Flea Market in Brimfield, MA. As I'm buying with an eye to keeping/using and not selling on, I'm not buying as much. I believe the sheath is USFS issue - needs a little patching on the strap but otherwise great. Handles are New England Handle co. new old and a nice hatchet handle. Missed out on a NOS Collins Bonded but not sure I would have paid the asking price anyway.

C_jcFVRVoAQ4TA1.jpg

C_jcFVRUIAElwgQ.jpg

That was a neat double (with red paint). Saw it and passed on it. Amen on the silly pricing. Asked someone about a rusty old Maine / wedge pattern on a little handle at Hertans and he said $45.
Yeah it was tagged for $35, was in good shape but no visible marks. I negotiated down to $25, and it is a nice Maine so what the heck.

Love those handles, good thing you saw them first! :D

modest finds at Brimfield Flea Market in Brimfield, MA. As I'm buying with an eye to keeping/using and not selling on, I'm not buying as much. I believe the sheath is USFS issue - needs a little patching on the strap but otherwise great. Handles are New England Handle co. new old and a nice hatchet handle. Missed out on a NOS Collins Bonded but not sure I would have paid the asking price anyway.

C_jcFVRVoAQ4TA1.jpg

C_jcFVRUIAElwgQ.jpg

Didn't buy any axes, although I saw a bunch of decent ones. I want that 1948 Harley Davidson that one seller has. Brimfield never disapoints!

I finally searched the Brimfield Flea market - that looks awesome. Washington state has an equivalent on Memorial and Labor Day weekends in Packwood, WA. Garage sales all the way there, the whole town shuts down and devotes to Flea activity.

If you are Northwest bound, it is worth the drive - I plan to go again this year. Lots of axe guys there, scythes, blacksmith gear, mill/barn equipment, corn dogs, etc - bring a cart.

One of my favorite user axes came from the last visit.

man we got hillsvill down here, me and my family go down every labor day and im the only one that can go through the entire thing, by that time everyone wants to get home, i havent seen the entire thing in 3 years, it hurts to think what iv missed, im sure trailtime can tell you about it too

If any of you guys see a 18 year old carrying a old swiss rucksack on his back, feel free to come over and say hi! I'll be at brimfield today and tommorow. I have been up here since tuesday. I may even have a few goodies for you. I bought one NOS handle yesterday, but I'm looking to slow down on collecting for now.

If any of you guys see a 18 year old carrying a old swiss rucksack on his back, feel free to come over and say hi! I'll be at brimfield today and tommorow. I have been up here since tuesday. I may even have a few goodies for you. I bought one NOS handle yesterday, but I'm looking to slow down on collecting for now.

What direction are you heading in when you leave? I'm to the east. If you are kind of local maybe we can meet another time.

What direction are you heading in when you leave? I'm to the east. If you are kind of local maybe we can meet another time.

See, I think this sort of thing would be entertaining - even if guys local to each other got together for a quick trade fest.

Little chopping would be good as well.

Back