It followed me home (Part 2)

What a great cache!!!
The mining/rock hammer selection, the chisels/files, ax and hatchet...it all looks great!! Great score!

These followed me camping from home...
KQiRNde.jpg

Hopefully headed into town today and check out the general store here near Mohawk State Forest, see if I find and treasures there!!

That punch qualifies as NOS for the condition it's in! Agent H You could try dropping the head enough to whittle away the front to expose the S wedge. Otherwise you could do like most everyone else and drive in a bunch of nails and screws! JK. Old fashioned slot screws were tapered for the full length; perhaps imitating Plumb take-up screws in undersized pilot holes on either side of the S wedge is the way to go. At least those come out!.

jblyttle that's another great picture of some great treasure you have!!!

Went down the mt from camp to the general store for a few supplies and happen to see these collecting dust by their lonesome...
jWssIpx.jpg

jblyttle that's another great picture of some great treasure you have!!!

Went down the mt from camp to the general store for a few supplies and happen to see these collecting dust by their lonesome...
jWssIpx.jpg
Link handles just like this are normally $6.50 out the door at my local hardware store, but if they're good examples the price you paid is probably isn't too bad.

Link handles just like this are normally $6.50 out the door at my local hardware store, but if they're good examples the price you paid is probably isn't too bad.

jWssIpx.jpg

Fair retail if they are better than average at a local hardware store. Strip the lacquer, feed, and hang right - those will be great.

The back edges (both sides) of a dead hacksaw blade make for a mean "de-lacquerer".

Stickers too if you clear it off after each swipe.
I normally use a good sharp knife for this, but I'm normally thinning down / reshaping my handles.
That's why I kind of like link handles when the grain is good, because they're fat clubs with room for me to shape down.

Thank you Hickory n Steel and AgentH!!
I welcome and appreciate your experience, opinions and advice!! That's why I love posting here.

Stripping the lacquer I can understand and handle...I will look into the threads here to search out and learn "feed" and "right hand".
It's departure day from our Cold River Camping trip... Excited to get back home and really look at the garage sale score I happened upon on the day we were leaving; clean up the Kelly registered I picked up for $1, get a good look at her and start reading up on hanging!!
Thanks again!!

Back