KA-BAR Outdoor Action & Adventure Thread

Can you eat the Colts foot. In the south I grew up eating dandelion greens.

Yes you can,
Habitat: Coltsfoot is found in open, disturbed areas. ... Edible parts: Coltsfoot flowers can be eaten. They can be tossed into salads to add a wonderful aromatic flavour; or fill a jar with the flowers and add honey to make a remedy to help calm a cough or to sweeten a bitter herbal tea.
Coltsfoot: Pictures, Flowers, Leaves and Identification | Tussilago ...
Edible Wild Food › coltsfoot

Feedback
About this result

Thanks Viking. My Grandma would put sugar in a pan of cut up onions after 24 hours it became our cough cold medicine. Ummm this is giving me a new thread idea Viking!!!

Here is my cedar tree clearing project its going to be a work in progress I have other chores to tend to.

Last edited:
IMG_0069.JPG
I had one and loved almost everything about it - except how short the handle is.
the pommel hit in a very uncomfortable spot in several grip styles, so it didn't get a lot of use and when the BK16 came out, away the Mk 1 went.
I have considered on several ocasions getting another one and modding the pommel - or maybe even fabbing a new, extended pommel for it.
the blade length, overall weight, and edge geometry are spot on.

I think it was @iwouldhurtafly tht did a real quality pommel mod on the MK1.
It was either made smaller or maybe a bit oval. If I find it I'll post it.

Yea its a woodsmans pal 681. It has a open front fire engine red metal sheath with a leather keeper. What is really different are the two rivets on the metal band. I will get some pic going when I get the chance.

Tanker,

Did you find that the hard way?
Lol. I spotted it on our way to a cabin we stayed at by the Dells Wisconsin. On a photo shoot with my gorgeous wife. H.H. Bennett had his studio there if your into photography. It was just off the gravel road. Bout 5yrds into the woods. It was bout 6 foot off the ground and I wanted to barrel liner over it and pump in exhaust from my truck. Its worked with good affect in the past. My wife once again brought up my Southern Heritage that involves cousins. And I caved to her probably wise wishes. I have a beautiful nest with all the branches thru it on top of my gun safe. Shot it out of a tree in Tug Hill NY. While Grouse hunting. Luckily it landed on a thick bed of fall leaves. Sorry so long winded got alittle excited there.

Last edited:
Guys I sharpened a pencil with my BK 16.
A Dramatic chore I now but I believe it to be a true test of a knife's capabilities.... ;)
In a few more weeks I'll bust it out properly and give you guys some dirty knife pics to look at....

Guys I sharpened a pencil with my BK 16.
A Dramatic chore I know but I believe it to be a true test of a knife's capabilities.... ;)
In a few more weeks I'll bust it out properly and give you guys some dirty knife pics to look at....

As long as you did it outside, you're in!

Scored a 1246 today can't wait to show yall pictures. As soon as I get a new hosting site.

Second waypoint on Breakneck ridge hike. 5.5 miles to go to reach the summit and fire tower. KaBar Dogs head and Bk16

Back