Kershaw/ZT Picture Thread!!! Let's See Em'!

Not new (but new to me), not high end, but an all-around really nice model from Kershaw. Now, if Kershaw can put some nice design touches on the clip side of a frame lock knife, why can’t the much more expensive guys??!!

View attachment 2383319
Kershaw always has quite a few budget knives that look great that come out every year I just wish they would stop with the lesser steels.

If it was dirt cheap no biggie but 30-40 dollar range most manufactures can at least throw D2 out there now or even 14c or 12c.

Well.. got the 0545 in. This thing feels like a Kershaw with a ZT price. Super gritty KVT action - not smooth at all. The detent sucks - super easy to fail, yet not exactly easy to deploy.

This thing is going back. Am I just spoiled by the ZTs of ol' and all the current WE knives I buy? Nice try ZT! Thing feels like it should be about a $172 knife, not a $272 knife.

WE's worst efforts are better than this thing. It reminds me of the Kershaw Highball XL I bought - just crap materials and feel. If we waited this long for a new offering from ZT and got this... oh man. ZT is in trouble.

The 0545 is a little smaller than the 0707.
Mine flips very smoothly, and this would make a great edc for someone in an office or professional setting that wears dress pants, or for jogging etc.

3d machined ti, cf, magnacut, premium custom hardware and designed and built in USA.

Since this is a picture thread, how about a picture!

20231109_175229.jpg
20231109_180258.jpg

I'll do the brown leather couch thing too

vhBNRaT.jpg

sharp_edge sharp_edge , I am right there with you. When I first saw this, my fist impression was pass. I didn’t give it much thought after that. Today, I kind of changed my mind on it. yamsi12 yamsi12 , photo being the first one in the wild I have seen and thank you for that. I decided to give it a try and I have one on order. I get the choice on steel choice, it is the latest and greatest right now, heck even Leatherman is puttin it in a multitool. To be honest, I am more intrigued about the Micarta. I don’t think ZT has offered this. Please let me know if they have. I will say $300.00 is a bitter pill for this.

Last edited:
It’s great. I’m glad ZT is finally showing signs of life.
View attachment 2397286
Awesome knife! I’m glad they went with regular stonewashed for these new magnacut models. Satin is good too, but we have so much of that on the regular 0450/0562/0452 models….
Speaking of the 0452, has anyone seen this one? The 0452BLUCF… I’ll be ordering one tomorrow when my check clears 😍
I have a lot of 0452s, but none with a stonewashed blade
Edit: ordered on layaway! :-D Merry Christmas, to me lol
$260 total Black Friday special (which is cheaper than a standard 0452cf is on a regular day), also it’s arriving with some friends, in the form of a Civivi Scintilla folder, and a Gerber Chonk multi tool!
3CE8CAE7-4275-4BB0-A480-E1476082D9E1.jpeg
Can’t wait!

Last edited:
Back