Keyring-sized multitools - what works for YOU?

Hey jack what is a:
"water resistant plasters, and a piece of blu tack."
I carry stuff in my wallet as well.
And what is the round metal washer for?

plasters

51xnUN3rL9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

blu tack

180px-Actual_blu_tack.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-Tack

washer (screwdriver)
50k3601s1.jpg

http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.aspx?cat=1,43411,43417&p=32215

I picked up a little Style CS Friday that is working out so far. Of course I have been at my son's house in the city. We are back in the woods now so we will see how it holds up.

jwh

I picked up a little Style CS Friday that is working out so far. Of course I have been at my son's house in the city. We are back in the woods now so we will see how it holds up.

jwh

For what do you use a keychain tool in the woods?

For what do you use a keychain tool in the woods?

Bear and Mountain Lion control as well as fixing ferel dogs. Joking of course.

Actually more gardening, fishing, fixing guns, rods and reels. Hiking duty. We just tend to do more when we are at home that when we visit in the city. I did get to remove some tags from new hiking pants while in Denver. The scissors performed admirably. The bottle opener handled the Blue Moon with ease.

jwh

On my keys, I have a Wenger Air Traveler, a Mini Raker Ring Tool, and a P38.

In my wallet, I have a 4-way screwdriver, a spare car key, and a Tiger's Tooth bottle opener.

The Air Traveler is a "non weapon" since it's bladeless. It's ok I guess, but a little larger than I like. I'd rather have a Vic Manager or maybe something alox, but those are terrifying weapons and too dangerous for mere mortals :rolleyes:.

The Mini Raker tool is tiny, ORANGE, awesome for cutting tape on boxes, and that's about it. I don't get a box cutter, though, so it's actually pretty handy.

The P38 is simply amazing and everyone reading this thread should go buy one RIGHT NOW.

The 4-way screwdriver is more useful as a keepsake of my grandfather than as an actual tool.

The Tiger's Tooth bottle opener is a little larger than a car key, and is too sharp to put on my keys. It's somewhat less effective than a Vic/Wenger bottle opener due to shape and a lack of leverage. It's expensive and may not be worth it. Wallet carry works since I don't have to file off the sharp corners, and since it's really only for emergency use anyways.

keys
vic classic, fenix E01, split pea lighter, trolley coin.

wallet
p38, sears 4way, safety pin

For some time i removed the screwpop from my keys, and after that, the tru utility keytool from my key (which was replacing the screwpop for a while)..
The first is a bit too big, and i find the sears 4way covers me quite well regarding screwdriver duty, while the second has too many sharp points, and i don't like to cover and uncover the key every time i use it.
Plus, just as a bottle opener, it's not the most joyful to use, and i found out i can open a beer either with the p38 or the sears 4 way, both faster and easier.
Took out the DMT CC sharpener from my wallet as well, it is a bit too heavy for something i almost never use.

58mm Victorinox Vagabond, JDR Minnow, DQG Flashlight, but they all sit in my watch pocket.

Leatherman skeletool the screwdrivers come in handy to keep the various screw on my wheelchair from coming lose.

Back