Photos Knives & Guns

I've always had a 10/22 in my possession, however don't have one at the moment. I'm planning to get another one real soon. Have you had any issues with the Takedown's not holding their zero? With iron sights you have the front and rear sight both mounted on the barrel, so the zero won't change, however with a scope, or your red dot, it introduces another variable. I've been wondering this lately.
I can't tell mine changes zero but I only usually shoot out to around 50 feet plus I hardly ever take it apart. I think the secret is to have it adjusted very snug. I surely do love the 10/22s though. I have 3 takedowns, 2 chargers and 5 regular ones.

I can't tell mine changes zero but I only usually shoot out to around 50 feet plus I hardly ever take it apart. I think the secret is to have it adjusted very snug. I surely do love the 10/22s though. I have 3 takedowns, 2 chargers and 5 regular ones.

That sounds like a solid 10/22 collection!

I’ve only owned one receiver but it’s been through several build-offs with buddies, where every single part was swapped-out. Rifle was originally purchased in the late ‘90’s. It’s a great little offhand gun now. Never a single hiccup.

Ruger 10rd mags. TacSol barrel and rail, Kidd bolt, Timney 2 lb trigger group, PowerCustom titanium bolt handle, spring and guide rod (I also run the same springs in both my IZH-35M), bolt buffer, Leupold rings and 2-7x28 rimfire scope. Had the receiver Cerakoted Sig Dark Grey the last time around. Those receivers were cast pretty rough back then and needed sanding on the inside, especially around the ejection port.

That sounds like a solid 10/22 collection!

I’ve only owned one receiver but it’s been through several build-offs with buddies, where every single part was swapped-out. Rifle was originally purchased in the late ‘90’s. It’s a great little offhand gun now. Never a single hiccup.

Ruger 10rd mags. TacSol barrel and rail, Kidd bolt, Timney 2 lb trigger group, PowerCustom titanium bolt handle, spring and guide rod (I also run the same springs in both my IZH-35M), bolt buffer, Leupold rings and 2-7x28 rimfire scope. Had the receiver Cerakoted Sig Dark Grey the last time around. Those receivers were cast pretty rough back then and needed sanding on the inside, especially around the ejection port.
20230423_044455.jpg20230423_043753.jpg20240220_113958.jpg

20240309-113705.jpg

Nice, thanks for the input man. Yeah I definitely love a good 10/22 also. Growing up I had this old Marlin that would always jam (but was damn accurate), and my best friend had a 10/22 that would never really jam, I always admired that thing. Alright, I think I'll get a Takedown in the coming weeks, because for this use case I need something that can be carried in a short case. Thanks man.

With a new trigger, an overmolded Hogue stock, and a nice piece of glass topside, my 10/22 performs consistently out to 300 yards. I use a bipod and a rear bag. The next chance I get, I will try to push it out to 400.

My "squirrel adjuster" in SoCal, believe it or not, was a Mossberg 802 Plinkster wearing an old Bushnell 8-12x40AO. The scope looked bigger than the rifle, but the combination shot into one ragged hole at 25 yards using match (subsonic) ammo.

Nice Kimber.
Couple Ruger big bores and my new knife from Eric J.S. Eric J.S. of BrushCreek knives. Crazy this knife maker is right in my backyard about 60 miles away. His model a forged Comanche Fighter in Abe-l.

Also the Dek2…

View attachment 2527372View attachment 2527375View attachment 2527376
I love shooting large caliber wheel guns, but my hand cringed looking at 454 with that short barrel. Purpose designed and if used as designed I doubt the recoil would be felt, but just the couple function verification shots would hurt.

RLB0414 RLB0414 The 360gr from Underwood ammo in the .454 has a pretty fierce bite. And that’s coming from a guy that likes to shoot the heavy .44 mag loads.
This is what makes me wish Chiappa made a Rhino in .44 it would make a huge difference in my opinion. Most people I know with .357 shoot .38 when they go to the range, and to be able to put 100 rounds of .357 including defensive loads in 30 minutes without being sore is an impressive feat, and I think it would work well on bigger calibers.

Back