Photos Knives & Guns

This is what makes me wish Chiappa made a Rhino in .44 it would make a huge difference in my opinion. Most people I know with .357 shoot .38 when they go to the range, and to be able to put 100 rounds of .357 including defensive loads in 30 minutes without being sore is an impressive feat, and I think it would work well on bigger calibers.
Part of the issue is grip design. A good friend heavy loads 45 colt rounds that he shoots out of a Ruger bisley. By heavy I mean 350 grain slugs between 1150 and 1200fps. I load heavy 44mag in a super Blackhawk using 300 grain slug at or near 1300fps. I will shoot the bisley all day over the sbh. The grip design of the bisley allows it to roll muzzle up where as the sbh slams back, or at least that is what I found.
Don't get me wrong, the sbh will not go away but with heavy loads is not my favorite.

Are air guns allowed here?

HQ3Stah.png

Can you please provide some details on the 1911? Very nice looking pistol and knives.

Hey Ellis, sure thing. It is a plain jane Springfield Armory A1. This is an older model and was "below" the old "Mil-Spec" model. I bought it many years ago knowing I wanted a base 1911 and have some modes done to it. I chose this as a base because it has the vertical rear cocking serrations, and it was easily available at the time. I had a reputable smith change all the controls and internals to either Ed Brown or equivalent, lower the ejection port, do a light polish and add and blend the magwell (I like magwells). At the time, I was going to take it to 1911 smith Harrison down here in Georgia for a front strap undercut and checkering and cart barrel and fitting / final tuning. That second part never happened. But the gun is still a great gun (to me).

That pic was not staged for lighting. I had a great mail call that day with the Spartan SHF and Curtiss knives. We were sitting down to watch a little TV and put the knives next to my 1911 (always have a gun close by) and took a pic with cell phone and it just was luck that it turned out nice. Or at least I thought it turned out pretty good.

Love me some 1911s in .45 ACP! 😁

bbooUCd.jpg

33ykbb9.gif

Last edited:
Back