Photos Knives & Guns

That ASEK is so cool... I need to get one fast before all the OKC is gone.

I think that it never gained a lotta' popularity as 1) It was stupidly expensive when it was first introduced, and 2) I think a lotta' folks consider it the "ugly duckling" of the Military knife line-up.

Despite that, it is a great little knife (*albeit a bit "mission specific") and shockingly robust for what it is. If you're a person who wants one, I'd definitely recommend it. 👍

I think that it never gained a lotta' popularity as 1) It was stupidly expensive when it was first introduced, and 2) I think a lotta' folks consider it the "ugly duckling" of the Military knife line-up.

Despite that, it is a great little knife (*albeit a bit "mission specific") and shockingly robust for what it is. If you're a person who wants one, I'd definitely recommend it. 👍
I do want one. I had not seen them with the green or the black rubber handles before. I found one today on sale at BHQ and also got the OKC Trench I had been wanting... had to stop there before ordering the MK3 Navy also, hahah. These damn knives.

I do want one. I had not seen them with the green or the black rubber handles before. I found one today on sale at BHQ and also got the OKC Trench I had been wanting... had to stop there before ordering the MK3 Navy also, hahah. These damn knives.

I hope you like your ASEK. 👌 (*The M3 "Trench" is a great dagger)

*I scored a couple of "ASEK" blade blanks, and this is a "custom" ASEK that one of our "Member" Knife Makers (*"Tyler Smith") built for me...

20240324_040551 (BF).jpg

🏔️Wow. That setup screams Northern Rockies and / or Alaska. Would add Canada but the handgun rules it out
I lived in Anchorage 6 years in the 90s where I developed an appreciation for larger calibers. I had a Colt .44 Anaconda for my sidearm in AK and I regret selling it. There aren't many grizzly bear or moose here in Ohio ... that I've seen yet anyways 🤣, but I am prepared should they ever invade. Both weapons are a hoot to shoot. The 45-70's recoil makes it a comfortable rifle to shoot, especially after shooting sabots down my 12ga with a rifled slug barrel. It's worth the $3+ per round to observe the reaction after someone initially fires the .460, which is usually followed with :oops: and "Holy F#ck"!

I lived in Anchorage 6 years in the 90s where I developed an appreciation for larger calibers. I had a Colt .44 Anaconda for my sidearm in AK and I regret selling it. There aren't many grizzly bear or moose here in Ohio ... that I've seen yet anyways 🤣, but I am prepared should they ever invade. Both weapons are a hoot to shoot. The 45-70's recoil makes it a comfortable rifle to shoot, especially after shooting sabots down my 12ga with a rifled slug barrel. It's worth the $3+ per round to observe the reaction after someone initially fires the .460, which is usually followed with :oops: and "Holy F#ck"!
Understand no grizzly and moose in Ohio.
If you do encounter either in Ohio, please let me know so I can be on the lookout for them in SE Michigan.
I have shot 45-70's in original format as well as moderns with modern ammo. I enjoyed it. I have yet to shot a 460. The range I frequent has a 500 for rent but the ammo is $60+ a box even with my membership discount. I only want to put a cylinder of ammo down range. Shooting it might also trigger the urge to buy one.

yeHK4ldh.jpg

Back