Latest

Status
Not open for further replies.

RYP

OK so Gianni has had a chance to look at ALL the knives and so have I. Here is where we end up. We have found the problem and have a solution

1) Gianni WANTs to look at all the remaining LE' sand he WANTs to tune each one...so we must respect that and are sending them back for rapid turnaround. Sorry but it will mean that beautiful USPS notification you got when we printed out the label no longer applies. The PRODUCTION models have been reviewed and are coming. When I have shipping info I will post it.

2) the Fix is very minor, in most knives it is a simple polish at the base of the blade where it contacts the pin. We think its a combo of pin thickness, coating, blade rest and the leverages angle of the tip combined with the aggressive sharpening.

3) the DPx folks who already have their knives will be asked to send them back in if they want, keep them for a while and we will send them to a local expert who will perform the polish repair. NOW if you have tweaked your pin or done other things. We are happy to replace those parts with existing or new pins when they arrive.

4) For those people with Mr DP blades that have the reverse print. (we have not actually figured out how many are out there) You are welcome to send in your knives and get them replaced with new ones.

5) For anyone who has other concerns. Whether they are relevant, imagined, real or supposed. Please note them down, send us an email and we will get the solution. We can't fix problems if we can't get our hands on your knife and in the hands of pros its hard to fix the problem.

6) For those who are not worried, still enjoying their HEST or just want to get used to it before making a decision. By all means do so. You have a lifetime warranty and you are still on for a techniical tune up and sharpen at any time you want.

7) I want to thank everyone for their input and constructive view of this. Those flamers who dont' actually own or have knives on order who all wandered in yesterday clearly were sent by Satan to liven up the discussion. But my point is, please separate opinions from the real actual guarantee from me that your HEST will make you proud and happy regardless of the energy and effort it may take or cost.

That is my promise to you when you buy any DPx Gear product

Thank you... you are in good hands with customerservice and Gianni at LionSteel....now I have to spend some time saving the world :)))

Hope this helps.

I just want my sterile #97; went to the post office today hoping it was there but nothing!!! Now I get home and read the "Latest". I get it; shit happens and everything will get fixed. I guess I just got so worked up to get this knife that I'm really bummed out about this. Oh well, I just hope DPx is sending the LE's back to Italy via priority air mail and they make them a priority to get fixed and send them back vial priority air mail. Let's get this thing done and move on to the next DPx release!!!!:D

How do we know if we fall into the bucket of "all the remaining LE's"? The USPS shipping notification works so poorly, I can't tell if I fall into the bucket of knives being sent back to Italy, or knives currently in transit to my house. :(

I did email customer service yesterday asking if my knife had been sent out, and got no response, so I'm asking here.

Can you publish a list of the knife numbers that are headed back to italy? That would probably be the easiest for you guys, as well as keeping things anonymous.

Will you be emailing those people whose LE's are going back to Lion Steel? I would assume if my tracking notice hasn't updated I must be in that lucky group! But you know what your middle school teacher told you about what happens when you assume.

Well thanks for taking care of the "problem" but I think I would have just liked my blade early this week. I can wait (I am very good at waiting, Some say I have the patience of Job) but getting that tracking notice was like telling a kid Santa was showing up with a new bike, then expecting Santa to really show.

i never thought I would say that im happy to not receiving my tracking number... as long as you tighten the pivot enough to get it passed throught canadian customs im happy

LE owners will be contacted directly via their email not on the forum. We don't put our business or customers business out on the streets! :)

This is obviously a huge pill to swallow but it's the right way to handle it. Well done. Hopefully mine has not shipped (#39 I believe) to me then. I'd rather get mine after Lionsteel does their thing.

You won't hear any bitching out of me in the interim even though I was looking forward to the LE. I can't imagine having to deal with all this. But it's necessary and as stated, shit happens.

The PRODUCTION models have been reviewed and are coming. When I have shipping info I will post it.

Thank you for the update.

Just a clarification on that above quote..the production models did not have this exposed blade tip anomaly?

I am not aware of the production blades having this problem. But they are in Italy being check and they will exposed to our toughest critics once they get here!

All this sounds fine to me.

Your post, as well as Gianni's, gives peace of mind that HEST/F owners will be taken care of.

Thanks for the update, RYP. Do you know when those of us waiting for LE's will be notified about the status of our knives (shipped or going back to LS)?

I sent an email yesterday to DPx Customer Service asking if my knife has been mailed (to me) or not. I will be leaving town for a few days and want to know if I should make arrangements to have someone check my door step for packages. I'd hate to think of my HEST/F spending a couple days and nights on my doorstep tempting foot traffic.

Sorry to bring this up here but I'd like to figure it out before I leave.

Thanks
Steve G
Order #141
HEST/F #20

Sounds good; I'll be waiting for the email to let me know the status of #97. I sent an email yesterday as well. Thanks.

How do we know if we fall into the bucket of "all the remaining LE's"? The USPS shipping notification works so poorly, I can't tell if I fall into the bucket of knives being sent back to Italy, or knives currently in transit to my house. :(

I did email customer service yesterday asking if my knife had been sent out, and got no response, so I'm asking here.

Can you publish a list of the knife numbers that are headed back to italy? That would probably be the easiest for you guys, as well as keeping things anonymous.

LE owners will be contacted directly via their email not on the forum. We don't put our business or customers business out on the streets! :)

i got an email from linda yesterday. still waiting on a reply. i think she had me confused with someone else. looking forward to an update.

I cant speak for anyone else, but I would way more prefer to just get this frickin knife in my hand already. As said by someone previously, the tracking notice got me all amped up and now I may not get the knife for several more weeks.

RYP will do what he thinks is right, I have no doubt of that having been a fan of his since I saw his special on Massoud 10 years ago but sending the remainder of the knives back to Gianni while a bunch are already in peoples hands is wrong in my opinion. I would rather get the knife now, use it for a bit and send back for the repair and tune up at my conveniance as RYP has offered several times to people who already got theirs.

I am very happy to have ordered this knife, just wish it was clipped to my pocket rather then on its way back to Italy (unless of course its in my mailbox and I just dont know it yet)

ALSO..some of you guys are freakin nuts..been trolling the forum for only a couple of days but jeesh..go out and get laid or something..

Will the blades be recoated with the Ti-C -whatever spec coating at the area where the polishing is taking place after it has been performed?

Good to know.

Now that some of the LE HEST/Fs that are currently out there in consumers hands...

Just to clarify; if they're sent back to DPx, are they sent to Lionsteel to get worked-on or will they be worked-on locally? Will there be a choice?

I got my LE #91 yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back