Lets See Some Pure Fighters

Let's not forget some very important factors about true fighters. 1.) You don't want your name, or anybody's name on it. 2.) you also don't want it to be so good looking that you would hesitate in the slightest to walk away from it where it lays, or to throw it somewhere well concealed, if you are so able. Erich

I've loved the warrior design for a long time. However I think that without the serrations on the back of it alot of hooking options are limited to trapping motions only. Part of the whole appeal of the warrior design to me was always how you could use Pikal like "shearing" techniques with the hooked spine to pull on your enemy's arms.

Is the spine of that updated warrior design sharpened?

Let's not forget some very important factors about true fighters. 1.) You don't want your name, or anybody's name on it.
Says,you! I want the last thing that guys sees to be my indiscernible Japanese Kanji-esque scribbles. I lost count the number of times folks have asked what I would do if someone committed a murder with one of my blades. My response has always been... "You can't buy that kind of promotion!"... well, unless you are actually paying for the hit, I suppose..... hmmmm.

Let's not forget some very important factors about true fighters. 1.) You don't want your name, or anybody's name on it. 2.) you also don't want it to be so good looking that you would hesitate in the slightest to walk away from it where it lays, or to throw it somewhere well concealed, if you are so able. Erich

If that were true we would not have Bowie knives :)

I've loved the warrior design for a long time. However I think that without the serrations on the back of it alot of hooking options are limited to trapping motions only. Part of the whole appeal of the warrior design to me was always how you could use Pikal like "shearing" techniques with the hooked spine to pull on your enemy's arms.

Is the spine of that updated warrior design sharpened?
You should like the Spyderco Warrior then.

Personally, I don't like the materials on the Spyderco. H-1 and FRN are not, to me, what an "updated" fighter is all about. If I were designing my Warrior it would be in some kind of powdered steel and have a G10 or Micarta handle. Maybe even Terotuf because it's more "rubbery."

True Fighters? I'll do just fine with one of my 9 3/4" Asian Chef knives or my 11 3/4" All American Chefs with my Logo proudly on it!

True Fighters? I'll do just fine with one of my 9 3/4" Asian Chef knives or my 11 3/4" All American Chefs with my Logo proudly on it!

That's right, go all Iron Chef on their ass and make them something to eat :)

French commoners in the middle ages carried essentially a huge butcher knife as their eating and fighting knife.

So the story goes.

I got to do the "white glove thing" at an historical site a few years ago. This was labeled as a Kitchen/butcher's knife. It easily fits into this thread. The spine was over 1/4".

Back