LETS SEE THOSE MAGNIFICENT HJ's

Since I've had the chance to handle mine some, I can tell you Charlie that it is an excellent design, and you have every right to be very proud. It is a perfect size for me, and has a very lively action that I find irresistible. The bone jigging, dye job, and worm groove with the bar shield came together beautifully, and the blade grind, sweges, and long pull master blade, along with the super-sharp punch blade scream "classic tradition", and with the slim single yet robust spring makes an incredible package for us traditionalists. The 2016 knife is destined to be a BF Classic.

Thank you so much for bringing this beauty to life! (O'couse Bill helped out a little.:rolleyes:)

This is one awesome knife!

I just cannot describe how excited I am.
I am lucky enough to obtain the 9 and 10.

Last edited:
I just received my Forums HJ, what a knife! It's just begging to be carried, so into a knife slip and into my pocket it goes!

eafc12f2dcef4b0aa16d3a6b0f144d52.jpg

Last edited:
I have just enough time for a couple quick pics... because without them it didn't happen. :)
In two words Way Thrilled!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

The anticipation is building. I was going to lay down for a nap (I get tired easy), but I'm too excited waiting for my mail carrier to arrive. :D My grandson already texted me saying he was coming over right after football practice. :thumbup::cool:

Oh man!!!
BEEEEEEAAAAAAUUUUUUTIFUL!!!

I just-can-not-wait!

Thank you for the pics guys!:thumbup:

Here's some pics of mine. I'm very impressed. Just about as nice as a production slip joint could get.

The blade is nice and sharp. The punch is a wicked little thing. The tip is like a needle point.There's a little rub between the blade and the punch, when opening the punch. It's not enough to impede opening or closing. This one will be very friendly on the pocket. Nice and thin but still allowing a good grip. Did I say I love the covers? I love the covers!

Job well done! Thanks to Charlie, Barry, Liam and GEC for continuing the tradition and turning out a fine HJ!

20161006_141919.jpg

20161006_141943.jpg

20161006_154638.jpg

20161006_154859.jpg

Well even with the excitement, I still fell asleep. I just have no control of when my body wants to crash. I did wake in time to catch the last bit of daylight to show off my mail call though. These HJ's are simply fantastic. As reported with others, the punch rubbed a bit on mine, but it was rubbing against the brass liner. I used a very thin Norton stone to clean up a burr. No more issues. The main blade is extremely smooth and as Gary mentioned, the punch is a wicked little thing. :D
My grandson is head over heels on these and hasn't decided which one he wants yet. :D Of course he can carry either one at any given time though and he knows that. ;)
Well done Charlie, GEC, Liam and Barry. Oh and I'm sure that Sarah had her input as well. :cool:

Very nice everyone!!! Ours arrived today Duncan but something must've happened in transit. I just can't seem to find your pair:D

To late for pictures tonight though:eek:

Very nice everyone!!! Ours arrived today Duncan but something must've happened in transit. I just can't seem to find your pair:D

To late for pictures tonight though:eek:

I was lucky enough to score a factory second through a friend of the HJ9's - that way I can say"Git in ma Pocket" and yet still have a Queen!, Hey Paul - please post those photos up my friend, I'm sorry that you have it wrong and I hope that you aren't too upset when you find out that yours are actually the ones missing :D:thumbup:

Poor Duncan. Such bad luck. :D
Bob :eek: you shock me my friend :D

Last edited:
Bob Yes my friend, NEVER, never I say trust that Hilborn guy matey- but you can always trust me ;):D

Well Bob...you need not feel sorry for me any longer - 'CAUSE LOOK WHAT I GOT!!!!
Collected a couple more - Some of the HJ9's - the Punches are rubbing or hard to open without opening the Mani Blade first- with a bit of time rounding of the Corners slightly of the Rear of the Punch- this stops the Punch catching on the Blade- well I was working away at the Knife on the Chair in the Lounge and knocked the Knife off the Arm of the Chair- went to grab the Knife and that needle point Punch slammed into the end of the finger - Real deep- so deep in fact as a natural instinct you shake your hand to expel the object from you hand right?.... that Darned Punched stayed dug in...Oh boy did I hit the High Notes as the Knife got to the end of the swing lol - Pain like I havent had for some time!!!

S4Y6oIp.jpg

Last edited:
Back