LETS SEE THOSE MAGNIFICENT HJ's

Nice looking knives, guys :thumbup:

I realized I never did post my Forum knife and Charlies HJ10 in this thread:eek:

Carried both this week both wonderful knives:thumbup:

Drover...

CZm0KV.jpg

fhHhVw.jpg

And my HJ10 that Duncan so generously gifted me, THANK YOU Duncan:thumbup:

LT2sl1.jpg

ZcdQzE.jpg

Beautiful knives, Paul! Your sheath looking good too, seems very pocket-friendly.
I just bought the Ebony version of the HJ #10, down below is a picture after some using.
Thanks for making this one, Mr. Campagna and GEC!
A Happy new Year to everyone on the porch!
mat

Thanks for posting these great knives- the HJ9 and the HJ10.

Although the HJ9 had a few where the Punches stuck- once you work out how to fix this - Wow!
All three of the HJ9' s I have Handeled all had this sticky Punch problem - Sir Jack has one now and my user one - has bled me a few times when working the Punch problem out- but Oh man that Punch has the sweetest walk and talk now - snaps like a turtle. FANTASTIC Knives. :D :thumbup:

Another brilliant run of HJ' s thank you Charlie.
My favourite Combo of late is my HJ9 and my Ebony 72 Pruner gifted to me by Paul- thank you again for this wonderful knife Paul.

Some of my latest HJ's to arrive, I will provide a breakdown in days to come when I get some time ....but Wow!!!! I am stunned by some of these amazing, beautiful, gorgeous knives.......

RISfuQa.jpg

Thank you Jake for this wee sweetie... more to come...
erNNdhH.jpg

Stunning HJ by S&M...all round drop dead gorgeous... more to follow.....

ZNJym3n.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, I am just going to start off with going through my collection of HJ's that I have now, and then in a few days post the latest arrivals, I have much study to catch up on with this whole pattern, so for now, please forgive the "half informant" blurb that goes with the photos ..

Two Arched Stamped - Challenge Cut'l Co, Bridgeport Conn Circa 1905 - 1928.
Both these HJ's are in fantastic order, from the same era, yet, the Punch on the Ebony is significantly different with no shoulder, the Ebony'S Punch has the patent no. 833146, a patent application filed for in April 1906 by Mr, Seymour Landon Alvord.....There is no Patnet on the Beautiful Jigged bone's Punch..

A very nice Henry Sears & Sons 1865 - 1865 is not the year of manufacture the stamping of knives with 1865 was in between 1897 - 1959, by the Wholesaler firm Farwell-Ozmun-Kirk - you can go and research more about this firm.

The other HJ is Miller Bros, Meridan, USA, The Punch is Stamped Miller Bro,Cut Co, Meridan. Circa 1872 - 1926.Stunning Beautiful HJ...

Beautiful New York Knife Co Walden / Hammer Brand, with Drop Dead gorgeous early Styled Peach Seed Bone. NY Knife Co. Walden ( 1856 - 1931 ) didnt start using the Hammer Brand - this was only a picture of the arm and hammer, in 1882 the words "Hammer Brand" were added, so this helps narrow down and verify the knifes existence started in-between 1882- 1931.

The other glorious Ebony Ol' Girl is again a New York Knife Co. Walden, circa 1856 - 1931 The Punch is stamped Pat.6-10-02, Ebony and all steel - great Knife!

eWw8A6h.jpg

Last edited:
Fox cutlery Pair, HJ and Jack.
The HJ is a ex Salesman sample, an-beautiful sharp Swedge lines still has remains of Vivid Marker - totally unused and lovely Jigged Bone Scale - just a great knife. Fox Cutlery Co. Made in the USA. Circa 1884 - 1955, real nice little Match- Strike Pull on the Punch, Stout W&T, All Steel, No Brass liners pins are Steel....

TBJtabi.jpg

Flzb5Cr.jpg

Last edited:
Robeson Pair of Stunning HJ's - how good do knives get?....
Stamped on Face Tang, Robeson, Shuredge USA - Circa? Shuredge was a trademark that started in 1912, I am guessing only at the age being 1930's
Slight differences between these two - and only slight - Pile side of Main tang - The Mint example has in one line 626382, the beautiful used example has 626 over 382.
Both have stamped on the Punch PAT. APR. over 25-05 - the patent states: NO.788,022 James E Cooper, Assignor to Robeson Cutlery, Patent approved April 25th 1905.

7YCt0mH.jpg

Last edited:
thank you Harry an Bob - Your HJ is beautiful man!

Hibbard Spencer and Bartlett & Co, OVB - Circa 1855 - 1960 Punch stamped PAT.NO.701-878, Patent June 10th 1902, by the Inventor Mr.Owen.L Harrison,

Pictured with my fox on the Run :)
Steel and Brass, Brass Liners, two Brass pins, Two Steel pins- factory and all hammered, Nice deep Swedges, and outstanding bone.

Nice trio...

Nice-No..VERY NICE Pic Bone, Schrade Walden Cut Co NY- Arched stamp!! Circa 1904 1946. Punch has PAT. APPL'D FOR, a beautifullu designed Punch - beautifully machined so finely to create a perfect deep Hollow Ground punch with a wee Choil - just a gorgoeus stunning Knife.

Stunning Keen Kutter- Main etch visible "KEEN KUTTER- HAND HAMMERED" Tang Stamp : E.C SIMMONS over KEEN KUTTER over ST.LOIUS MO, Circa 1868 - 1960, but with the KEEN KUTTER stamp added to the EC SIMMONS, this was only used between 1870 - 1940
Beautifully made knife Brass and steel -and so with the Pins - Punch stamped : US PAT 8331846 ( Seymor Landon Alvord ) Patent Oct. 16th, 1906, So this knife is Empire it seems.

Ulster Dwight Divine & Sons, USA - Circa 1876 - 1941, Gorgeous, Pretty HJ, no half stop, Bone that makes you hungry looking at it! Just a superbly built knife that is a pure pleasure to handle.

qIxeuNz.jpg

Back soon to load more...

Last edited:
Thanks Jody744
An older HJ, Now this we knife is actually quite well built, not a super high end Robeson, but a knife that has Nickel Silver Bolsters & Sheild, the walk and talk is really good,
M.THOMPSON, Minneapolis I cant find an exact M.Thompson, there's J.M Thompson Minneapoliis Circa 1910 - 1923.... so a wee bit elusive - I am thinking now ( I am editing this ) that with the Punch - this is actually a Robeson Styled Punch- and I do note that Camillus used a Punch near exact the same as Robeson's..... be it all that bit of a slimmer punch - and that's about the only difference between the two- so one of these guys made this Knife for Thompson ( that I can gather so far at this stage ).
No play, great Carbon blades and LOADS of life left in this old girl..

12OYr9e.jpg

Nhc7hCw.jpg

One of my first HJ's, this thing sharpens to a Scalpel, showing evidence of my earlier days of sharpening- I seemed to have changed a fair bit of technique in the Traditional Sharpening.
My much carried 54......

JhIy415.jpg

( Below )The 9's and 10's are just awesome knives, I have a HJ9 in my current EDC rotation, and the HJ10 is just a supreme knife in every way - wow factor!.....

eUM0SgA.jpg

Last edited:
I am just going to - in no order, post a few photo's of charlies incredible, stunning SFO'S, after this I will post up some shots of a new batch of older HJ's that arrived that other day....

I just love maintenance day - when I can take each knife out and wax them, go over the supreme workmanship - just amazing knives......

s2pnON7.jpg

I love these.....

AJeAl9W.jpg

The ever elusive REAL Harness Jack..... Note the variances in the Ebony!

VMGCetU.jpg

bzi5fxk.jpg

Last edited:
Wow...I couldnt believe how awesome these knives were when I first held them - just amazing!!!!

CwTGd4l.jpg

Soldiers lined up ready for the toughest work you can give them, magnificent 7's.....

Xf7Gc6u.jpg

My poor HJ Red Bone -dropped this knife in the TC and it pinged a wee bit off the tip - this knife has been truly used to the max -along with it's mint siblings as well as a very Rare Ivory HJ6

dtwZH9A.jpg

Last edited:
Oh man, Charlie sure hit the nail on the Head with this release...amazing - simply beautiful knives, I cannot speak highly enough of these Knives- extremely beautiful, extremely well built by the amazing GEC.....

uzfOLsj.jpg

ZEA5ynd.jpg

I am sorry as I did say these SFO's were not in order - going back to some Wow factor, rare and beautiful....

FHxiHaP.jpg

Last edited:
Back